O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
I researched the designer Halston as he had created dresses especially for Elizabeth Taylor.
This proves that he made bespoke dresses that were wore by the most glamourous women
Iconic clothes design from the 1970s
He first started as a milliner and became head milliner for the luxury retailer Bergdorf
In the fall of 1972, he introduced a simple shirtwaist dress made from “Ultra suede,” a fabric
that was washable, durable. This is one of his most famous designs that is still copied today.
Two years later, he offered the world his most iconic design, the halter dress
Aswell as creating uniforms for Braniff International Airways’
HALSTON HERITAGE is the company that continues Halston’s legacy which is run by Ben
Malka. It is described as a ‘approachable luxury lifestyle brand ‘. Pieces can be found on net-a-
ported and fifth avenue as well as the first Halston Heritage store that open in 2013.
• In 1947 Halston create his famous halter neck dress but there was plenty more
• 1920’s -Paul Poiret a French fashion designer created dresses and coats with a
halter neckline with beaded details.
• 1930’s -Madeleine Vionnet- would create dresses out of silk and satin and cut
them on a bias. This would cause the fabrics to hang onto the body. A create
technique for a halter dress.
• 1950’s – Marylin Monroe white halter dress. One of the most iconic halter dress
of all time. The dress was designed by Bill Travilla, Monroe’s exclusive costume
designer, who described it as the favorite creation of his career.
• 1960’s –The flintstones first aired. Which meant Betty Rubble halter dress was
• 1970’s – This was when Halston created some of his most famous pieces.
Including a purple sequin jumpsuit.
• 1980’s – Oscar Da La Renta also had his take on the iconic design and using it with
fabrics like velvet.
• 1990’s – the Oscars saw Courtney love in a white Versace dress
• 2000’s- Halter dress is still going strong, including Amy Adams in Valentino