O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Especialista en Dinámica Estratégica-Operacional. Ayudamos a las empresas a alinearse e integrarse para lograr sus objetivos en el marco de sus valores, con el compromiso de su gente y el soporte de sus procesos.
1. PENTA is a systemic cognitive tool articulated to create shareholders value.
2. The five pillars of PENTA are Strategy, Resources, Culture, Operations and
3. Each of the five pillars has “value” only in relation to the other four. A Market is
attractive only in relation to a Strategy, a Resources platform, a given organizational
Culture, and an Operations structure. A specific Resource, tangible or intangible, is a
“resource” only in a given configuration of the other four pillars, and perhaps it is not a
“resource” in a different configuration. An organizational Culture is appropriate for a
“complex human system” only in relation to the other four pillars. An Operations
deployment is adequate only if it is subordinated to the Strategy execution, which is
possible according to the rest of the whole PENTA configuration.
4. The organizational Vision Statement is the definition of a desired PENTA.
5. Strategy is the set of decisions of “in which Business the organizations define to
compete to generate sustainable value creation”. This includes the Portfolio Strategy
(Mission), the Competitive Strategy of every unit, and the strategic resource allocation
among all the Portfolio units. (As One Strategy consider all these dimensions).
6. Strategy is how to assign an adequate configuration of Resources (people, tangible
and intangible) to those Markets that the organization considers Attractive.
7. Culture is the subsystem of values and beliefs shared by the members of the
8. The Operations pillar includes the organizational structure, the information Systems
and the processes required to execute the Strategy pillar.
9. The horizontal axis of PENTA is the Strategy Formulation perspective. The vertical
axis of PENTA is the Strategy Implementation perspective.
10. The Culture pillar is the domain of shared values and guiding believes. From this
sociocultural and cognitive matrix, the members of the Organization perform day to day
behaviors or habits that have a positive or a negative impact on Strategy
implementation. In As One Strategy this PENTA link is strongly aligned.
11. The Portfolio Strategy, the strategic resource application among the business units
and product and service lines of each unit, and the Competitive Strategy of every
business unit and product/service line (Productivity + Positioning) has to be translated
into specific goals like
a. Maximizing the total Portfolio ROI
b. Minimizing the total Portfolio Risk
c. Maximizing each product/service ROI
d. Minimizing each product/service Risk
12.The organizational Culture has an endogenous lever oriented towards the fulfillment
of the continuous requirement of Invention of new configurations of Resources and an
exogenous lever oriented towards the fulfillment of the continuous requirement of
Discovery of new opportunities in the Markets actually or potentially served.
13. The Resources platform should be managed with the distinctive skills required to
generate Pressure to create value. The Markets should be served with the competitive
advantages required to generate Attraction to create value.
14. The Operations pillar should be designed so as to optimize the macro processes of
enhancing Productivity of the Resources pillar and enhancing Positioning in the Markets
15. Besides the synchronic structure of PENTA, the dynamic restructuring considers
the systemic cognitive thrusts required to assure sustainability in value creation.
16. Every member of the Organization subjectively constructs a perceptual map of the
whole organization. “His” or “hers” PENTA. The PENTA model is used to detect this
perceptual map. This is done through an in-depth personal interview. The cognitive
dispersion of the individual perceptual maps should be detected and discussed so as to
generate improvement initiatives and Strategic Alignment.
17. PENTA is the only “space” from where incremental, radical or disruptive innovations
18. PENTA is the only “space” where learning, learning to learn and learning to unlearn
(paradigm change) can take place.
19. PENTA requires three levels of change: a. Flexibility, which is the resilience
homeostatic change of “returning to be as before”, b. Plasticity, the nonresilience
homeostatic change of “being different than before”, and c. Freedom of Action, the
homeostatic capacity of executing the required changes required to be really different
20. What competes is not a company against another company. What compete s is a
PENTA against another PENTA.
Dr. Alberto Levy
Universityof Buenos Aires