• This paper deals with how to dry the bunches of
fruits with some modifications to remove
moisture content and ash content of the fruits.
• The modifications that I decided to done in the
heat transfer mechanism and in collector.
• Renewable energy in food industry and
particularly in drying process is growing and
mainly in developing countries.
SOLAR DRYER TO DRY BUNCHES
• The used dryer is an indirect type, passive,
without extra energy and discontinuously
• This modifying device may be effectively
applied to lots of occasions, such as families,
hotels, schools and so on.
• In this modifying solar dryer will definitely
shows high practical value and social
Heat Transfer Mechanism
• The principle involved is collecting of solar
energy is rather simple depending strongly on
the receiving surfaces which is able to absorb
as much as possible of the incoming solar flux.
• The useful energy gain in solar collector.
• The total heat loss of the solar collector is
UL = UT+US+UB
I am going to do a detailed literature survey
on solar dryer, how to dry bunches of fruits.
I have planned to study the heat transfer
mechanism in solar dryer in brief.
For this purpose I am going to learn the glass
properties and solar collectors .