14. If ants live 50 – 60 days does that mean they have to replace there queen every 60 – 50 days? No,because the Queen ant is still classified as the same type of ant it had. It is actually different because it has some type of thing in its body that makes it live 20 odd years.
15. What do ants eat? Ants eat sour food. They don't like to eat Other foods that are not sour.
16. How big is a Queen Ant? A Queen Ant is 5 times as big as a worker ant so she is the biggest of them all
17. How many ants work in one colony? Did you know that a colony has around about 40,000 ants in it? Also ants can lift 20 times their own weight! An ants brain has about 250,000 braincells. 306 million worker ants usually fill a colony that is 15 metres deep.
18. How do ants talk to others? Insects have no true voice or no organs of speech. Ants actually speak, by using their antennae... sometimes, one ant will pull another ant's mandibles. (maybe for attention?) Ants communicate by chemical,touch, sound,smell and sight.
19. How do ants talk to each other? .Ants use there antenna to talk to each other .Also ants cant talk far away they leave trails of a sent to track each other
20. How do ants hunt? .Ants only attack small insects like ants in another colonies. .Ants only attack in groups not by themselves. .Worker ants are normally the ants that attack when searching for food.
21. THANK YOU FOR WATCHING OUR PRESENTATION! Thank you for watching the wonderful Mrs Stewarts Top Deck Learners slideshow!