1. CHRIST THE KING COLLEGE
9014 Gingoog City
THE SCHOOL’S LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER
Name of FS Student ______________________________
Course & Year ________________________________
Resource Teacher 1 _______ Signature _____ Date___________
Cooperating School _____________________________________________________
2. My Target
At the endof the activity,youwill be competentinidentifyingandclassifyingresourcesthat
My performance (How I Will Be Rated)
Field Study 3, Episode 1 – The Schools’ Learning Resource Center
Focus on: Identifying and classifying resources that facilitate teaching and learning
All task were done
quality; work exceeds
All or nearly all
task were done
with high quality
Nearly all task
were done with
Fewer than half of
task were done; or
met but with poor
My analysis Analysis questions
completely; in depth
were not answered
Vaguely related to
My Reflection Reflection statements
are profound and
clear, supported by
experiences from the
clear, but not
from the episode.
shallow and are
not supported by
My Portfolio Portfolio is complete,
and all supporting
located in sections
available and/or in
logical and clearly
organized but is
Portfolio has many
Submission Before deadline On the deadline A day after the
Two days or more
after the deadline
4. As you visit and observetheLearning ResourceCenter, use activity forms providedforyouto
documentyourobservations.Askthe assistance of the one manningthe centercourteouslusethe
activity form provided foryou.
Name of CenterObserved: Library_______________________________________________
Date of observation: June 10 2014________________________________________________
Name of observer: DaiseryL.Simene___________________________________
Course/Year/School:BSED- 2__ChristThe KingCollege_________________________________
List of Available Learning Resources
Read the followingstatementscarefullybefore youobserve.
1. Go aroundthe LearningResource Center.
2. See what learningresourcesare present.
3. Examine anddescribe howthe materialsare arrangedandhow theyare classified.Are they
free fromdustand moisture?Are theyarrangedforeasyaccess?
4. Read the guidelines/proceduresforborrowingof materials.Are these guidelines/procedures
postedor available forthe userstoreferto?
5. Familiarize yourselfwiththe guidelinesandprocedures.Youmaychoice totake photosof the
An Observation Guide for a
LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER
5. Available Learning
(Enumerate in bullet form)
Teaching Approaches where the
Resource is Most Useful
4. ICT Resources
Ve as Impression:
Name and Signature of Observer:
Name and Signature of the LearningResource CenterIn-charge:
Were the learningresources/materialsarrangedproperlyaccordingtotheirfunctionsand
Yes,the booksand otherlearningmaterialsare properlyarrange andlabeledaccordingtoit’s
functionanduse and characteristcs.
6. Do the guidelinesandproceduresfacilitateeasyaccesstothe materialsbythe teachers?Why?Why
What are the strengthsof thisLearningresource Center?
What are itsweaknesses?
1. Which of the materialsinthe LearningResource Centercaughtyour interestthe most?Why?
2. Which gadgets/materialsare youalreadyconfidenttouse/operate?
3. Which one do youfeel youneedtolearnmore about?
7. My Portfolio
Paste an article aboutan example of technology gadget/material thatyouwantto learnmore
about.How can thisgadget/material be useful ininstruction/teaching?