6. • In many rural areas one can still find people
bathing and cooking in the same water, making it
• In addition to these, thermal pollution and the
depletion of dissolved oxygen aggravate the
already worsened condition of the water bodies.
• Water pollution can also indirectly occur as an
offshoot of soil pollution – through surface runoff
and leaching to groundwater.
8. Noise pollution
• Noise pollution, soil pollution and light
pollution too are the damaging the
environment at an alarming rate.
• Noise pollution include aircraft noise, noise of
cars, buses, and trucks, vehicle horns,
9. • Industry noise, as well as high-intensity sonar
effects which are extremely harmful for the
• Maximum noise pollution occurs due to one of
modern science’s best discoveries – the motor
vehicle, which is responsible for about ninety
percent of all unwanted noise worldwide.
11. Soil pollution
• Soil pollution, which can also be called soil
contamination, is a result of acid rain, polluted
water, fertilizers etc., which leads to bad crops.
• Soil contamination occurs when chemicals are
released by spill or underground storage tank
leakage which releases heavy contaminants into
• These may include hydrocarbons, heavy metals,
MTBE, herbicides, pesticides and chlorinated
16. Industrial Pollution
• Small pressure groups should be formed to
influence industries to install filters,
electrostatic precipitators, scrubbers, etc., to
control atmospheric pollution.
• Education is the most important solution
17. • Plan campaigns in schools and colleges on
simple issues such as the ill-effects of
• substitutes for domestic fuel consumption
such as smokeless chulhas, etc.
• Mobilize your immediate locality to protest
against local polluting industries.
22. Environmental Protection
• It is now time to join hands across the globe to
protect and preserve our environment.
• Thereby safeguard human health along with
the natural environment: air, water, and land.
We need to preserve our wetlands, our
rainforests, our farmlands and arctic zones.
• And we need to save the endangered species.
24. Greenhouse Effect
• The Greenhouse effect is the rise in the
temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere.
• Due to certain gases like, methane, water
vapour, nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide,
which trap the energy and heat from the sun.
25. • Without these gasses, the heat would escape
reducing the temperature of the atmosphere.
• These gases are commonly known as
Greenhouse gases, because they help to
maintain the Earth’s average temperature.
• Simply put, it is a natural process which make
the Earth’s atmosphere just right for life forms
27. Greenhouse Gases
• Carbon dioxide () is one of the greenhouse
gases. It consists of one carbon atom with an
oxygen atom bonded to each side.
• When its atoms are bonded tightly together,
the carbon dioxide molecule can absorb
infrared radiation and the molecule starts to
28. Try combining driving with alternative
modes of transportation
• Walk or ride a bicycle.
• Shop by phone or mail.
• Ride public transit.
29. Driving smart keeps pollution at a
• Accelerate gradually.
• Use cruise control on the highway.
• Obey the speed limit.
• Combine your errands into one trip.
• Keep your car tuned and support the smog check
• Don't top off at the gas pumps.
• Replace your car's air filter.
• Keep your tires properly inflated.
32. Global Warming On The Rise
• Global warming is rapid increase in the
temperature of earth's atmosphere and
oceans in the past few years.
• The negative effects of Global warming are
heat waves, unusual warm weather, ocean
warming, rise in sea level, and coastal
flooding, warming of
33. • Arctic and Antarctic zones, changes in the
pattern and amount of precipitation.
• Species extinction and melting of the glaciers
which have proven to be extremely
34. Saving the Environment
• Saving the environment is not an issue
• It is a survival truth. Individuals, organizations
and governments need to come together.
• And join hands to protect what is left of our
planet so that the future is not wiped out
before it’s time for curtain call.