4. • The name is derived from an acronym for
the original software project name “The
• It is a free and open-source software for
enabling anonymous communication.
5. Tor Advantages
• It does not reveal your IP address to the websites
• Allows you to access geographically restricted
websites and content.
• It’s free to use the software and network.
• It is not possible for any organisation to shut it
6. • Tor is very slow as compared to VPN.
• Anyone can set up an exit node to spy on users.
• It can only be accessed by using TOR network.
• No accountability or direct funding to maintain
7. Dark web can be used for good
• Home users: protect themselves when online.
• Activists: anonymously report abuses from danger zones.
• Whistle-blowers : safely report on corruption.
• Journalists: protect their research and sources online.
• Military and law enforcement: protect communications, investigations, and
8. Most often searches on TOR
The Hidden Wiki is the name used by several censorship-
resistant wikis operating as Tor hidden services.
Sci-hub is a platform that aims to liberate the world’s
Facebookcorewwwi.onion is a site that allows access to
Facebook through the Tor protocol. It makes it available
in countries that actively try to block Facebook.
10. The Dark Web’s Currency :Bitcoins
Bitcoins are based on
solving an encryption
formula which requires
extreme amounts of
Deepbit.net helps to set
up the mining formula.