O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
About DockerCon 14
● Docker-centric conference
● June 9-10, 2014
● Held in San Francisco
● We were a silver sponsor
● Docker team announced
some important news
Announcement: Docker Engine 1.0
● “Docker”means the platform now,
its components being“Docker Engine”
● Production ready
● Some new features
● Many Docker users were
looking forward to this big news
● It was called“Docker Index”
● SaaS for sharing and managing
● The host of Docker images
Announcement: Docker Hub
● Standard interface to OS sandboxing
● Core Docker component
but also usable standalone
● It provides API for
using Linux namespaces
● Toolkit for composing network services
● It provides a standard interface
to combine and organize
network services such as EC2,
Digital Ocean and etc.
● Lightweight networking library
● It provides standard
for network services
● Used in libswarm
● 3 different sessions took place at the same time
○ Docker for Developers
○ Docker for Ops & Sysadmins x 2
● 40 minutes / session
● 3 different tracks x 10 sessions in DockerCon
FYI: Docker Blog
You can watch the videos and presentation-slides
of DockerCon 14 at Docker Blog
Map from Google
From the way to Coit Tower
Where is SF? What is timezone in SF?
● SF is on the west coast of the US
● 19:00 in SF is 11:00 of next day in Japan
● People in SF and Japan can work well together in the timezone point of view
Map from Google, INEGI
at Panda Express
at CAFE MASON
Basically, it costs $10 + tips = $12~ per meal
Special thanks to SUBWAY
SUBWAY is available everywhere…
We ate at SUBWAY 3 times.. (Sat day night, Sunday morning and night)
Crossed Golden Gate Bridge by bike
Went to Mountain View (Silicon Valley) by Caltrain
Went to UCB (the place BSD was born)
Computer History Museum
Google’s self-driving carIn Mountain View
Have you ever see first spam in the Internet?
The fight against spam began from this message….
difficulty: We called a taxi…
● but the taxi didn’t come after 20 minutes…
● we could not have a confidence in calling the taxi..
● we started to walk to Mountain View station
● after several minutes, the driver called back to us
● we could not explain where we were…..
● we gave up finally
● Its a sad day for both
Lesson: reserve a taxi for return
● fine all the time we stayed
● warm until early evening
● feel cold at night. need a
coat to go out.
● feel a bit cold on the sea
● California Current effects
on weather in SF
● I feel very confortable
Thank you all for giving us the great opportunities!