The User Experience Lags Expectations
Web-users expect a site to load in two seconds or less.
Slower response time directly affects the end-user’s seamless experience.
Few countries clear this threshold on average.
One reason for the problem is the roundabouts of current network architecture.
Avg. page load time in selected countries
Source: Akamai State of the Internet Report, QIV 2014
“With 65% of today’s 18-24 year
olds expecting a site to load in 2
seconds or less we can predict
that people will expect a 1-
second loading time in the near
Moving Traffic to the Expressway
NetIX Architecture – The Ethernet ExpresswayCurrent Architecture - Crosstown Traffic
NetIX provides a solution: an Ethernet expressway that bypasses circuitous routes
in the “crosstown traffic” of the global Internet.
NetIX is a Carrier Class Ethernet platform that interconnects members globally
without intermediary networks.
User tests show that NetIX shortens the route of traffic passing through the
platform by up to 39%.
Every Millisecond Matters
32% shorter routing 90% of websites respond faster
Comparison of NetIX to three Tier 1 Internet Providers with popular sites shows:
Page-load time in 54 of Alexa Top 100 web sites
“Every millisecond matters.” ( Arvind Jain, Google engineer)
- 374 ms / -15%
- 424 ms / -16%
- 1 085 ms / -33%
- 430 ms / -11%
Average for the 3 Operators
As at 20.07.2015, 09.50 a.m GMT
Operator 1 Operator 2 Operator 3
NetIX Slashes Bandwidth Costs
Results of actual use cases for NetIX member ISPs:
Price per Mbps decreased 24-27%.
International IP transit decreased ~50%.
Total IP bandwidth use (peering + International IP transit) increased.
Average Price per Mbps (IP Transit & Peering), 3 NetIX Global Internet Exchange (GIX) Clients
Price per Mbps
Market Validated Business Case
NetIX Members NetIX Traffic (Gbps)
NetIX officially started in January 2013 with 6 members. Currently it has over 70.
NetIX attracted blue-chip companies such as Google, Akamai, Telefonica, Turk
Telecom, and Mail.Ru.
Traffic in the platform has grown from zero to 240 Gbps in less than 3 years.
NetIX ranks among the top 25 global platforms for exchange of IP Traffic [Wiki].
NetIX GIX provides direct routes to 85% of the Internet.
Peering: Skype for ISPs
ISPs buy all local and
from high-cost Tier 1
ISPs buy all international
connectivity (“IP Transit”)
from Tier 1
ISPs peer local traffic via
Internet exchange points
(IXPs) at much lower cost
NetIX globalizes peering
by interconnecting IXPs
ISPs peer locally and
NetIX’s GIX service
Tier 1 needed only for
Yesterday Coming SoonToday
Internet Peering: the business relationship whereby two companies reciprocally
provide access to each other’s customers [Dr. Peering]
Peering Outpaces IP Transit
Peering will come to dominate global IP traffic at the expense of transit.
Many regions that currently rely on IP transit will gain wider access to peering.
Transit vs. Peering Volume Growth 2013-2020
Global Asia Europe Latin America Middle East Oceania US & Canada Africa
Faster, Cheaper, More Direct
Industry Verticals Benefits
• Internet Service
• Faster: 90% of websites respond faster
• Cheaper: 26% average reduction of
• More direct: 32% shorter connection paths
• TV Channels
• Radio stations
• IPTV providers
• Online media
• Low fixed cost
• Secure distribution of content
• Bidirectional connection could enable
capturing usage behavior
• More reliable and geographically dispersed
distribution than alternative channels
Core Service: Direct Connectivity
B2B, subscription–based, recurring revenue
Core service: direct connectivity over
carrier-class Ethernet network.
Value-added services: IP traffic
exchange, A/V distribution, virtual
LANs, remote access to major IXPs.
Distribution via direct sales and selected
channel partners: IXPs and Tier 2 ISPs.
Service Portfolio Evolution
DDOS attack protection.
Self-provisioning of network.
Network function virtualization.
Marketplace for members
Enhancing network value for members, interconnecting:
• 13 new IXPs ̶ 3 interconnections in H2 2015
• 47 new content generators ̶ Cloudflare joined in QIII 2015
over the next 12 months.
Madrid, Milan, and Moscow PoPs to open in 2016.
Coverage to expand to 26 markets in 5 years, leveraging already strong European
13 Note: Shaded countries have currently active PoPs
Ken Lefkowitz, CEO
• 20 years leadership
experience in C-level and
• Extensive track record in
international sales/bus. dev.
• Accomplished deal-maker
• B.A., Economics, Wesleyan University,
Neven Dilkov, Founder and Chairman
• 20+ years TMT experience
• Visionary serial
• Founded Neterra in 1996
• Shaped the Bulgarian ISP/CATV ecosystem
• Pioneered Bulgaria’s first alternative
• B.S. summa cum laude, Computer Science
from West Virginia Wesleyan College, USA.
90+ Years Combined TMT Experience
Dean Belev, Product Manager (10+ yrs TMT experience)
• Co-creator of the NetIX idea; Leading product management and development
• Certified on Cisco , NSA, CNSS, & ITIL programs; B.S. in Business Informatics and
MSc in Distributed Systems & Mobile Technologies.
Yordan Kritski, CTO (10+ yrs TMT experience)
• Vast experience in IP/Ethernet Support Services, network planning, network
architecture design and implementation.
• MSc in Telecommunications.
Dan Ellenbogen, VP for Sales (30+ yrs of TMT experience)
• 30+ years experience in general management, business development, sales &
Marketing in communication and satellite service providers, such as Novero,
Satlynx and Spaceline.
Mariyan Rangelov, CFO
• 9+ years of experience in treasury operations, financial risk management,
portfolio management, investment banking and financial analysis.
• Holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation
• MBA in Finance from the University of Sheffield and a master’s in Finance and
Banking from Sofia University
Zsolt Papdi, Sales Manager
• 20+ years of experience in telecoms & technology sales
• Telco experience spans both wholesale and retail, notably at AT&T
• MBA in International Business from Case Western Reserve University
• MsC, Electrical Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
For more information please contact:
Ken Lefkowitz, CEO
+359 (88) 863-7053
Dan Ellenbogen, VP for Sales
+49 (177) 967-7580