Attila Sükösd, ZSUATT - firstname.lastname@example.org
Winterwind 2013 – International Wind Energy Conference
12-13. February 2013, Östersund, Sweden 1/6
• Unique environmental conditions Why?
Rapid temperature fluctuation
High humidity How?
Water damage due to melting snow/ice
Physical impact due to fall of ice chunks
Remote locations What?
• Prohibitively expensive
commercial solutions Future plans?
• Vendor lock-in
Photo credit: Tele Greenland
Attila Sükösd, ZSUATT – email@example.com 2/6
• Two years of experience in field Why?
Two locations in South Greenland
• In collaboration with the Technical University of Denmark How?
• Utilizing the power of open source communities
• Focus on both hardware and software What?
• Highly customized solution
Attila Sükösd, ZSUATT – firstname.lastname@example.org 3/6
• New device designed from ground up Why?
• Optimized for:
Power consumption How?
Ease of use
Harsh environment Revision I.
• Smaller than commonly used data loggers
• Reasonably prized
• Remote monitoring and real time communication
Attila Sükösd, ZSUATT – email@example.com 4/6
• Looking for further testing in field Why?
• Possible cooperation with universities and companies
• Creation of a Revision IV. Based on experiences and new How?
features, such as:
Wireless sensor modules What?
Remote software updates
Even longer battery life
Attila Sükösd, ZSUATT – firstname.lastname@example.org 5/6