O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
7 Cs of Effective business
• The message is said to be effective when the
receiver understands the same meaning that
the sender was intended to convey. For any
communication in business, in order to be
effective, it must have seven qualities. These
seven attributes are called seven C’s of
effective business communication. (All these
attribute starts with the alphabet ‘C’ so are
called 7 C’s)
• Answer all questions that are asked
• Give something extra when desirable
• Check for five Ws & one H
• Who, what, when where, why and how
• A concise message saves time of both the
sender and the receiver. Conciseness, in a
business message, can be achieved by
avoiding wordy expressions and repetition.
Using brief and to the point sentences,
including relevant material makes the
message concise. Achieving conciseness does
not mean to loose completeness of message.
• Conciseness saves time.
• Eliminate wordy expression
• Include only relevant statements
• Be focused
• Avoid long explanation and gushing politeness
• Avoid unnecessary repetition.
• Wordy: It is most useful to keep in mind that
the term diabetes mellitus refers to the whole
spectrum of disorders.
• concise: diabetes mellitus refers to the whole
spectrum of disorders.
Find single word substitutions for the
• At this time now
• Due to fact that because/since/as
• Few and far between seldom
• Allow me to say let me say
• Please find attached attached is
• Consideration demands to put oneself in the
place of receiver while composing a message.
It refers to the use of You attitude, emphases
positive pleasant facts, visualizing reader’s
problems, desires, emotions and his response.
• Consideration means understanding of human
• Focus on YOU instead of I and we
• Shows readers benefits and interest.
• Emphasize positive and pleasant.
• Apply integrity and ethics.
• I want to send my congratulations for……
• I congratulate you………
• We pay eight percent interest on……..
• You can get eight percent interest……
• Being definite, vivid and specific rather than
vague, obscure and general leads to
concreteness of the message. Facts and
figures being presented in the message should
• Use specific facts and figures
• Put actions into verbs
• Choose vivid image building words by
comparison and figurative language.
• Use more adjectives and adverbs.
• Choose short, familiar and conversational
• Construct effective sentences and paragraphs
by unity of ideas and sequencing
• Achieve appropriate readability by using
formal and informal language.
• Include examples, illustrations and visual aids.
• Use simple words
• Clarity demands the use of simple language
and easy sentence structure in composing the
message. When there is clarity in presenting
ideas, it’s easy for the receiver/decoder to
grasp the meaning being conveyed by the
• Clarity makes comprehension easier.
• Courtesy means not only thinking about
receiver but also valuing his feelings. Much
can be achieved by using polite words and
gestures, being appreciative, thoughtful,
tactful, and showing respect to the receiver.
Courtesy builds goodwill.
• Courtesy strengthen relations.
• Be sincere, tactful, thoughtful and
• Omit expression that hurt, irritate and insult.
• Grant apologies graciously.
• Show courtesy by avoiding blunt language.
• Your letter is not clear to me.
• Obviously if u will read your policy carefully
you will be able to answer these question
• Apparently seems you have forgotten the
what I wrote you two weeks ago
• Use gender friendly substitutions.
• Mankind humanity
• The best man for the job
• the best candidate for the job.
• Businessman businessperson
• Salesman salesperson
• Use the right level of language
• Check accuracy of facts
• Maintain acceptable writing mechanics
• Choose non discriminatory language
• Use parallel language.