O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• Multinational computer technology corporation.
• develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range
of software products.
• Headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA.
• founded on April 4, 1975.
• CEO is Satya Nadella.
• Co‐founders Bill Gates and Paul Allen
What is Recruitment?
Recruitment refers to the overall process of attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates
to a one or more jobs within an organization, either permanent or temporary.
RECRUITMENT AT MICROSOFT
• Microsoft believes in recruiting extremely intelligent staff, favoring intelligence over experience.
• Microsoft is an aggressive recruiter and is often the first company to offer jobs to elite graduates
at campuses and career fairs across the world.
• The selection process focusses more on problem solving and thought‐process & composure
‐testing exercises rather than the actual technical interviews.
• interviewing process is seen as one which would push the interviewees to the limit of their
creative and analytic abilities rather than their familiarity with a computer programming.
• a short-listed candidate will be invited in for some initial discussions, progressing through up to
four interviews. These interviews 1:1 or by panel, and can be face to face or by telephone or VTC.
Training and development refers to the practice of providing training, workshops, coaching,
mentoring, or other learning opportunities to employees to inspire, challenge, and motivate them
to perform the functions of their position to the best of their ability.
It ensures that randomness is reduced and learning or behavioral change takes place in structured
The principal objective of training and development division is to make sure the availability of a
skilled and willing workforce to an organization.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AT MICROSOFT
• Microsoft's diversity education programs help ensure that employees have the awareness,
skills, knowledge, and ability to carry out their individual responsibilities.
• It provide employees with the key competencies they need to excel in their current or future
roles and to create a workplace environment that is empowering, inclusive, and supportive so
all employees can do their best work.
• Employees are able to receive the training that they need on-demand, at their convenience,
and from the comfort of their office or home.
• It also offers participants an online area to discuss the training courses, ask questions, and learn
• There are also, advanced courses for Human Resources professionals to help coach and manage
According to Microsoft:
“At Microsoft, employees are responsible for their own career and professional development. By
providing learning experiences that build the requisite knowledge, skills, and understanding for
success, we strive to develop an inclusive environment in which all employees can do their best
• Microsoft has always been about recognizing the value that different life experiences and viewpoints
bring to its business. It seeks out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks
and approach challenges unconventionally.
• It believes that by respecting and embracing everyone’s unique skills and perspectives, we can create
an environment that encourages remarkable innovation
• It is always excited to discover the unique skills and perspectives one can bring to Microsoft.
• The unique quality it shares globally is the appreciation and respect for diversity.
• Inclusion is not only an approach to meet the needs of increasingly diverse customer base through
providing creative and innovative products, services, and solutions, but it is also a company
commitment to support an inclusive culture and management practice for our world-class talents.
• Diversity and Inclusion programs are practiced at Microsoft through leaders’ lead by example,
awareness building, organizing workshops on work-and-life balance for employees’ spectrum of
Work–life balance is a concept including proper prioritizing between "work" (career and
ambition) and "lifestyle" (health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual
WORK LIFE BALANCE AT MICROSOFT
Microsoft tries to maintain a work life balance for its employees through a number of activities
and facilities like:
• Work From Home Policy
• Employee Assistance Program & confidential counseling
Health & Wellbeing
• Annual Physical Check-up
• Stay Fit Program
Allowance & Subsidy/Discount
• Holiday allowance for Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, Dragon Boat Festival & Chinese New Year
• Allowance for special occasions, such as marriage, maternity, and bereavement
Social club funding
• Discounts on Microsoft products and software
• Twelve days of annual leave, and fifteen days each year after service of five years, plus one
additional day for each additional year of service after the sixth service year; up to 30 days a
• Paid sick leave up to fifteen days a year
• Maternity leave up to ten weeks for female employees
• Paternity leave
• Volunteer leave up to three days each year
Fantastic Office Facilities
• Bi-weekly Happy Hour (tea breaks) for employees
• Free breakfast and beverages
• Private and comfortable nursery rooms
• Recreational and social areas
Employee Welfare Committee Benefits
• Year-end party
• Personal travel allowance
• Family days
• Movie days
• Discounts on massage service, shops and restaurants
• Sports club activities
Whether you choose a management role, dive deep into a technology, or explore multiple
professions, you’ll find everything you need to drive your career at Microsoft. It goes beyond
training—although with over 2,000 courses available globally in classrooms or online, you’ll have
plenty of opportunities for that. It make sure you and your manager dedicate time each year to
discussing your career development, and you can access our online career resources anytime. Plus,
to give each other a hand in getting ahead, we are all encouraged to choose—or to be—a mentor.
More Than a Job: While a career at Microsoft will always be about working with smart people, taking
on big challenges and defining the future of technology, it's also about enjoying your life. Our people
really value the idea having a good life, both at work and away. Our culture, our benefits and our
work style truly reflects this.
Vibrant and Passionate Culture: The passion of its employees is at the very essence of what it is. The
energy is totally infectious and the people around you bring out the best in you every day. The
camaraderie at Microsoft is unique for a large company