1. R. Varadharajan
To apply my Global recruitment & HR expertise, leadership and managerial experience to build and
head a team of professionals performing human resources function that includes recruitment (global,
domestic, campus), resource management thereby contributing to Organization’s success.
22 years of hardcore HR experience. 18 years of People Management experience including 6 years of
HR work experience in the USA.
Employer Designation Work location Duration
RNTBCI (R&D) DGM HR Chennai Mar 2013 till date
iGATE Associate Director HR Bangalore Jan 2010 - Feb 2013
Satyam Computers Sr. Manager HR, Bi-1 Chennai Sep 2007 - Jan 2010
CBSI / COVANSYS
Sr. Manager - HR Chennai Jul 2006 - Aug 2007
Resource Manager Santa Clara, CA, USA Sep 2000 - July 2006
Executive / Sr.
Executive - HR Chennai Sep 1993 - Sep 2000
B.Sc (Mathematics), 1986-1989, Guru Nanak College, University of Madras.
Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management, 1997-1999, Distance Education, Annamalai
Extensive experience in IT, IT/ITES and Engineering R&D.
Drive HR processes/initiatives across the four stages of the employee lifecycle (Talent
Acquisition, Talent Management, Talent Development and Talent Engagement/ Retention) along
with partnering with business stakeholders, supporting client discussions, managing employee
escalations/grievances and applying organization policies to support delivery and execute growth
programs as directed.
Lead, guide & drive HR activities & processes, deploy best and next practices, partnering with
the business leadership to achieve employee delight and engagement, higher level of retention
and making the organization an employer of choice.
Experience in US Immigration
Key driver in training and establishing offshore recruitment processes for USA hiring.
2. Professional Experience Summary
Organization RNTBCI (Renault Nissan Technology and Business Center India), Mahindra World City, Chennai
Designation Deputy General Manager – HR
Duration Mar 2013 till date
Team Size 18
RNTBCI is a joint venture between two automobile giants, Renault and Nissan.
• Accountable for talent acquisition, performance management, competency development, employee relations, employee
engagement, succession management, compensation and benefits, HR operations and statutory compliances.
• Managing a team of 18 members and administer HR strategic initiatives (for Engineering R&D, IS/IT and BPO functions)
• Assess current and future staffing needs against the business strategy and develop / oversee implementation of appropriate
talent acquisition strategies/plans.
• Volume hiring-300-400 joiners per quarter; Met the hiring targets for FY2014 & FY2013.
• Responsible for campus hiring for the organization; met hiring targets from day one.
• Implemented and monitored hiring metrics; reduced the “early attrition upon joining” from 9% to 5%.
• Managing the on boarding and new employee orientations; right from offer follow up to employee personnel files
• Handling goal setting for new hires / PIP / Mid Term appraisal / Final Appraisal / bell curves / normalization / merit
• Liaised with functional/departmental Heads/Managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of employee training
and development and to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery
• Spearheaded the activities related to planning, developing and implementing strategy for employee training and
development; also established and maintained appropriate systems for measuring the effectiveness of training programs
• Manage learning needs for 4,000 employees across all divisions (right from TNI to delivery to feedback evaluation)
• Implemented strategies for employee engagement surveys and other HR surveys; implementing action items as per
• Handling salary administration, PF, Gratuity and statutory related activities in consultation with C&B team
• Conducting various employee engagement initiatives and maintain a calendar in order to plan, execute and implement the
• Providing appropriate MIS / dashboard to all stakeholders.
• Handle escalation on all HR aspects
• Won an award at the Organizational level for contributing towards the Cross Functional Team (CFT) for enhancing
“Quality of Management” in the Organization.
LET’s CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO – As part of this initiative, implemented the following:
• Created a huge employer brand - Employee Referral with RACE (Refer All Competent and Experienced) logo and
marketed within the organization thru Intranet. Also uploaded all open positions in intranet (first time in RNTBCI).
• Path breaking initiative - replaced face to face interviews by WebEx resulting in cost reduction up to 30L pear year; and
also resulted in optimal TAT. Got Kaizen award for implementing this initiative.
• Achieved YoY cost reduction in terms of recruitment consultants usage (reduced from 55% in FY2012 to 16% in FY2014)
• Reduced cost per hire from 70k in FY2012 to 24k in FY2014 by introducing various cost control measures with no impact
Organization iGATE Global Solutions (iGATE), Whitefield, Bangalore
Designation Associate Director – HR
Duration Jan 2010 to Feb 2013
Team Size 55
iGATE heralds the beginning of a new era by bringing together two companies – iGATE and Patni. Between the two, the
combined entity, provide full-spectrum consulting, technology and business process outsourcing, and product engineering
• Managed a team of 55, with 7 TLs; head of HR for 5 Business Units. Reported to the Head of Global HR.
• Managed end to end HR partnering activities for 5 BUs (BPO, Healthcare, Transportation & Logistics, Telecom and
• Volume hiring; 400 joiners per quarter across various verticals.
3. • Defining KPI, vision, developing sourcing strategies and guide various teams towards entire gamut of HR activities
• Consistently met targets with respect to hiring towards forecast and just in time hiring.
• Also head of Onboarding team & campus hiring activities; drove weekend drives activity for the entire Organization.
• Support the Business Units by developing and implementing HR strategies in order to achieve strategic business
initiatives and to deliver results in line with business / organizational goals
• Facilitating various communication forums such as HR Connect Sessions, Town Halls and Open Houses
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance,
retention and associate experience
• Work with Business to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement
• Assisting the Business Units in achieving higher competency levels by working closely with Training department
• Manage the Performance Management system end to end (right from KPI setting to PIP to succession planning)
• Partner with Business managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their full potential
Organization Satyam Computers, Teynampet, Chennai.
Designation Band Bi-1 (equivalent to Sr. Manager – HR).
Duration Sep 2007 to Jan 2010
Team Size 7
Satyam (NYSE:SAY) is a leading global business and information technology company, delivering consulting, systems
integration, and outsourcing solutions to clients in over 20 industries. Founded in 1987, Satyam has over 53,000 employees
across the globe. http://www.satyam.com
• Managed a team of seven team members; spearheading HR activities right from hire to exit for IMS vertical
• Administered HR initiatives and programs between Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore locations;
• Defined vision, developed HR strategies, build competency development programs, refined the hiring processes and
utilized the benchmarked hiring practices.
• Successfully implemented the leadership and organizational priorities including Recruitment, Development of talent
and teams, Operational Excellence and continuously improving the positive engagement of the employees aligning
with the company's growth plan.
Organization CSC India (formerly Covansys & CBSI), MEPZ, Tambaram, Chennai
Designation Sr. Manager – HR
Duration Jul 2006 – Aug 2007.
Team Size 7
Headquartered in Michigan USA, Covansys Corporation (NASDAQ: CVNS) is a global consulting and technology services
company specializing in industry- specific solutions, strategic outsourcing and integration services. Founded in 1985, Covansys
has over 8400 employees across the globe. http://www.covansys.com.
• Defined vision, KPI, developed sourcing strategies, established pipelines for key talent, implemented metrics / SLAs,
refined the hiring processes and utilized the benchmarked hiring practices.
• Managed a team of 7 recruiters and headed the Recruitment function for one of the critical and large accounts of Covansys
with over 1000 employees. Aggressively spearheaded the ramp up of 300 employees per quarter.
Organization CSC Corporation, (formerly Covansys & CBSI), Milpitas/Santa Clara, CA, USA
Designation Resource (Deployment) Manager – West Region
Duration Sep 2000- July 2006
Role Head – Resource Management, HR and Recruitment
Team Size Seven
Resource Management / Deployment:
• Managed a team of three members; Set up processes for bench management.
• Spearheaded the Resource Management function for West Region; optimized and enhanced the utilization of resources by
maintaining 90% utilization all the time.
4. Generalist HR
• Managed HR (Employee Relations, recruitment, resource management & immigration) function for West Region covering
over 1000 employees and 250 subcontractors.
• Worked with the management to address their specific human resources needs in the resolution of complex employee
relation issues, investigations, terminations, headcount reduction, performance management, performance improvement
programs, compensation administration & career planning.
• Administered new hire orientation, employee allocation to various projects, managing employees “in-between projects”,
job rotation, compensation & benefits, promotions, addressed queries on interpretation of HR policies, employee exits, exit
interviews, contract terminations, mid-year and annual appraisals.
• Managed a team of seven at onsite and at offshore.
• Set up the offshore recruiting division, processes for offshore hiring, and trained the offshore recruiters.
• Ramped up various accounts in the West region by around 600 employees and 200 contractors in a span of three years for
Organization CSC India (formerly Covansys & CBSI), MEPZ, Tambaram, Chennai
Designation Executive / Sr. Executive – HR
Duration Sep 1993 – Sep 2000
Role Recruitment for CBSI USA, India, HR & Campus hiring.
Team Size Four.
• Identifying and hiring talents for CBSI USA, from within CBSI India and from the market. Travel across India to attract
talents. Hired IT professionals in varied technologies.
• Responsible for the Complete Recruitment Life Cycle - Headhunting, Sourcing, Short-listing Profiles, Candidate Tracking,
Technical Interviews, HR interviews, Reference checks and Follow-ups for joining.
• Coordinated H1B visa processing, preparing candidates for visa stamping interviews, identifying projects at onsite and
making travel arrangements for candidates to go to USA. Also campus hiring; managed a team of 4.