O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
● Key Features of Material Based Design
● Benefits Of Material Design
● Flat Design
● Key Benefits of Flat Designs
● Google’s material design is the buzzword among design and development professionals of
today. The goal of material design is to improve the brand experiences of the consumers,
taking them one step ahead of flat design.
● Material design offers a combination of flat and 3 dimensional which adds to the interactivity of
the user experience.
● One of core benefits of Google’s material design is the clear cut design guidelines for
● There are various ways in which designers can use the material design philosophy:
● -Multiple elements can be stacked up for creating a unique design experience for the users
● -Besides the layers, the designers can create a bold look for the users to get a pleasant overall
Key Features of Material Design
● Movement and animation is an integral part of material design and this should be a part of real
● The type and color in material design should be bold whereas the visuals are developed using
the usual design techniques
● The fundamental feature of material design is that it’s as realistic as possible.
Material Design and Paper Based Design
The principles of paper based design are used in the concept of material design. Here are some of
the key features:
1. Paper can used for 2D as well as 3D designs while it can also be used for layered designs.
Google’s material design principle follows this philosophy
2. One can also use 2 pieces of paper placed on top of each other and add design to each.
3. Similarly floating actions and tool-bars are used like there are being added to a piece of paper.
Benefits of Material Design
● Material design combines the benefits of flat design with layered and 3 dimensional designs,
adding experience and interactivity of the user.
● Material design comes with highly detailed set of design guidelines and principles that makes it
simpler and faster to design, for the design community.
● Material design provides a similar experience across devices.
● The design form comes with a host of in-built features making the process of design much more
simpler and designer-friendly.
● Flat design has essentially evolved from Skeuomorphism. The concept basically means that things
are shown the way they are in the real world. The challenge with this kind of design was that it was
always constrained by digital usability. Flat design came in as an evolution because it does away
with the 3 dimensional feature of design.
● Flat design does focus on the appearance of the objects, but much lesser as compared to usability.
Flat design enables web pages to load much faster and enhances their usability manifold.
Key Benefits of Flat Design
● Flat design does away with unnecessary elements and improves the speed of web pages
● Flatter elements ensure ease of usability and readability of the web page
● Flat design also enables the designers to design the pages easily and at a faster pace.
● Flat design helps in easy conversion to responsive
Get in Touch
Get in Touch