● Key Advantages
● Pitfalls of Not Maintaining a Legacy Software
○ Productivity Issues
○ Resource Management
○ Problems With Integration
○ Planning Issues
● The Solution
○ Strategize The Transition Process
● A legacy software can work really well for your business, if not ignored.
Else there are chances that it becomes more of a liability. Sometimes the
key issue for legacy software management is the quality of code.
● If proper maintenance of a legacy application is not done then the outcome
can be extremely unfavourable. There are many incidents of legacy
application failures that happen on a continuous basis, if the application is
not maintained properly.
4. Key Advantages
Here are some key advantages of investing in the maintenance and management of a
legacy software application:
- Improved profitability of the business
- Improved level of customer service and customer satisfaction
- Innovation in systems and processes
Making sure that the ERP system is bringing about a steady return on investment involves
doing structural changes in the application and ensuring that it is working according to
the latest business requirements and processes.
6. Productivity Issues
● If the legacy software in not maintained properly, then the business suffers
the risk of reduced business productivity.
● Handling a variety of data sources and creating a link between them
becomes big challenge if the legacy applications are not managed
7. Resource Management
● Without a legacy software in place, it is hard to manage the company
resources in the most appropriate manner. The employees of the company
have to stretch keep the manual processes going.
● On the other hand, a fully automated and maintained ERP solution ensures
that most processes can be automated and the number of resources and
hours can be optimized.
8. Problems With Integration
● Integration of a legacy software with other latest SaaS based applications
becomes difficult if not maintained and managed properly. Many
organisations face huge issues because their legacy applications become
redundant because they can’t be integrated with other apps.
● This leads to increase in the number of systems and processes in
managing the legacy application.
9. Planning Issues
● Since existing tools become redundant, one starts to plan for investing in
newer latest software.
● If solutions are not integrated properly then the new work force is not
equipped to handle different types of applications being used in the
11. Strategize a Transition Process
● Investment in newer technology must be coupled with maintaining the
existing application and using and innovative approach to upgrade it as
much as possible.
● Having an offshore support team helps in making the whole process
12. Choosing The Right Partner
A business look for remote teams for legacy software maintenance and management must hire the services of
an expert agency like ValueCoders. ValueCoders provides distinctive features like:
1. Non-Disclosure Agreement
2. Monthly Contracts
3. Efficient project management