3. What is it?
• High speed data connection which uses fibre
for most of its length
• Most cases will use copper (phone type) for
the last part of the connection
• Speed available between 10 and 100Mb
4. What difference does it
• ADSL Broadband suffers from attenuation (the
further you are from the exchange the slower
• Much faster
• Secure and immune to crosstalk
5. Why would I need it?
• More and more services are being delivered
over data connections (cloud services)
• Internet TV, iPlayer, live sport, gaming
• Conference calls
• Online storage of photos
6. For business use?
• Low cost/high quality video conferencing
• Online data back-up
• VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)
• Collaboration (collaborate on projects, sharing
documents, videos, whiteboards etc.)
• Remote working
7. How fast is fast?
• Download a music album (60Mb) in 6 seconds
• A TV show (350Mb) in 30 seconds
• A high quality movie (1Gb) in 1.5 minutes
• An HD movie (4Gb) in 6 minutes