● Address your cover letter to a specific person e.g.
“Dear Mr. Brown:” or “Dear Ms. Smith:”
● If you don’t know the name write “Dear Hiring
7. OPENING/INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH
● Say why you are interested in this company.
● Indicate where you saw the job posting and the date
of the posting.
● If you have not stated the job you are applying for on
the subject line, then specify it in this paragraph.
● If someone referred you then mention their name
8. SECOND PARAGRAPH
● Explain in bullet points specific stories, examples and
quantifiable results that you have achieved.
● Show how you would provide specific value or direct
contributions to the Company.
● Demonstrate a keen understanding of what problems,
situations & challenges the Company wants to
9. THIRD PARAGRAPH
● This is the closing paragraph.
● Restate your enthusiasm for the position, wrap up
and ask for an interview.
● Thank the reader for example - “Thank you for your
time and consideration.”
10. COVER LETTER CLOSING
● Write the word “Sincerely” followed by a comma.
● On a new line include an electronic scanned
● Include your name below your signature.
The Place for In-Depth Career Success Resources
Flourish | Prosper | Succeed