1. Thomas Thornton, EIT
9562 Lucerne Blvd • Lakeville, MN 55044
507.226.5484 • email@example.com
Keen Test Engineering professional with experience in system/fixture design, requirement writing, programming
(C++ and LabVIEW) as well as design verification report authoring and execution. Experience with installation of
designed systems/fixtures into manufacturing sites. Completed first phase of Professional Engineering
certification--Fundamentals of Engineering examination.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE __________
Plexus Louisville, CO January 2013-March 2016
Functional Test Design Engineer
• Delivered and supported controlled test solutions to manufacturing sites.
• Implemented and verified test design by using appropriate verification tools.
• Developed and executed design verification and validation procedures to ensure implementation meets
the intended uses and design requirements.
• Directly interfaced with customers to clearly communicate technical information.
• Developed project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and
guidelines to ensure project information is properly organized and archived.
• Architected and designed test solutions by developing and analyzing test strategies.
John Deere Moline, IL May 2012-August 2012
Engineering Standards Intern
• Evaluated the Enterprise needs for electronic emission testing.
• Identified missing terminal material type for electrical components at major John Deere factories.
• Reviewed standards to support revision updates.
• Documented back-to-back electric drives dynamometer process and procedures.
• Created new John Deere part numbers for electrical connectors.
• Facilitated and implemented move of electrical information from JD Forums to Sharepoint.
• Enhanced knowledge of Part Reuse Connection (RECON), Capital Harness System (CHS), Electrical
Connector Database (ECONN), Worldwide Information Systems for Engineers (WISE), and engineering
Wisconsin Public Service Wausau, WI June 2011-August 2011
Electrical Engineering Intern
• Updated electrical drawings.
• Performed dust collector measurements.
• Collaborated with other engineers to mitigate railroad switch complication.
• Led replacement project for cooling tower flow meters.
• Provided support for oil/water separator replacement.
• Expanded knowledge of Avantis, PowerLink, Engineering change requests (ECRs), and writing work
University of Wisconsin Platteville Platteville, WI Sept 2010-December 2012
• Taught assistant for students struggling in Math/Engineering related subjects.
• Aided Professors for upper-level Electrical Engineering classes.
University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Platteville, WI Graduated December 2012
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering GPA: 3.759
Minor: Renewable Energy
Academic Involvement: IEEE, Cross Country, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Eta Kappa Nu Electrical
Engineering Honor Society, Indoor and Outdoor Track.
Academic Leadership: President of Eta Kappa Nu and Vector Representative for IEEE.
Awards: Chancellor’s List (Fall 2008, Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Fall 2012), Dean’s List (Fall 2008, Spring 2009,
Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Spring 2012), And National Student Athlete Day Award for commitment to
excellence in academics and athletics.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT _______________________
Habitat for Humanity July 2013
A nonprofit, ecumenical Christian ministry that builds with people in need regardless of race or religion, we
welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds.
Imagine! April 2013
The mission of Imagine! is to create and offer innovative supports to people of all ages with cognitive,
developmental, physical, and health related needs so they may live fulfilling lives of independence and
quality in their homes and communities.