O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Prepared by Ms Tang Chew Yong 1
Chapter 1 - Nobody Eats Breakfast
1. It is the last Friday in October, everybody in Appleton is excited for the derby of an
American football game between the Ferocious Ferrets of Fillmore High School and the
Chargers of Merrimac High School – also known as the Big Game.
2. Newton Newman (Newt) has a big brother, Chris Newman (Chris), who is a local
football star in Fillmore High.
Chapter 2 - Halloween Plans Are Made – Sort Of
Prepared by Ms Tang Chew Yong 2
Chapter 3 – In Which I Search for Somebody I Am Not
1. During social studies class, Newt is still searching for an idea for his Halloween costume.
2. He imagines himself as Zeus, the god of lightning according to the Greek myth, but soon
realises that he does not fit in the descriptions shown by his subject teacher.
3. Not giving up, he raises his hand asking Mrs. Young what the American pioneers wore
when they built the country.
4. The school ends early so the students and locals can watch the Big Game Pep Parade
on the street.
5. Newton is ecstatic to attend his brother’s last game of the season.
7. Newt falls asleep while figuring out the design of his costume only to wake up after he
has a terrible dream.
8. It is time for the Big Game as his parents are getting ready for it and with heavy heart,
Newt has to put aside his coming Halloween celebration and shift his focus on the final
Chapter 4 – Football Is Played and Mistakes Are Made
1. The number one defensive player from Merrimac High is a big-sized tough guy named
2. For the past 2 years, Reggie Ratner has not been able to bring Chris down and he vows
that he will do it this year.
3. At half-time, Fillmore Ferrets leads Merrimac High 21-14.
4. Newt realises he lost his ticket. He is forced to watch the game from outside the wire
fence surrounding Fillmore Field.
5. Chris scores the winning point. Both teams buried Chris in a thunderous crash of
shoulder pads and helmets.
6. The crowd falls silent when all the payers get up from pile, except for Chris Newman.
Prepared by Ms Tang Chew Yong 3
Chapter 5 – In Which the Bad Dreams Begin
1. Chris is unconscious as the result of the winning touchdown.
2. Chris is being attended and brought to the hospital. He is not suffering from any broken
parts, he is just in coma.
3. Back in his room, Newt still cannot forget what happened during the winning touchdown.
4. The next day, Newt answers various callers trying to get some news about Chris.
5. Cecil and JJ drop by at Newt’s house to cheer him up.
6. As Newt recalls the Big Tackle, JJ tries to divert his attention by asking about their
7. Speechless, Newt tries to avoid Halloween by saying that he has lots of chores to settle.
8. Both Cecil and JJ are not convinced and they decide to meet the next day at 6.00 p.m.