• Erode has surrounded by 3 rivers as it's border.
• The rivers that flow in Erode are Amaravathi, Bhavani, and
• Erode is an agricultural and textile hub.
• It is one of the largest producers of turmeric in India
• Erode district is also the leading producer of plantain,
coconuts and white silk in Tamil Nadu.
• Gobichettipalayam is well known for its white silk, cotton,
plantain and coconut production.
• Erode district is the One of major producer of Food products
in the state The country's first automated silk reeling unit is
located near Gobichettipalayam.
• Texvalley, India's largest wholesale textile market
in Erode, the heart of South India's textile
• Texvalley is here to revolutionize the textile
business, at Erode
16 lakh Sq.feet 18 Acres 6 floors 10 Product zones 1599 shops
Trading Centre with
of fully integrated
Sprawls with all
kind of fabrics to
Uses unique dual
• Started in 1992
• Producing Grey fabric & variety of woven fabric to
suppliers in India.
• Having production capacity of 3,00,000
• To be recognized as a premier QUALITY
manufacturer and supplier of grey fabrics,
embodying thus the spirit of commitment and
Hema Chandra Textiles
19, Mudhali Thottam,
In the form of spinner’s package
Warp preparation Weft preparation
Winding (cone, Cheese) Winding (Cop,pirn)
Warping(pre beam,warp) Weaving
Sizing (weavers beam)
• Winding is a process of
transferring yarns from ring
bobbins, hanks, cones etc
into a convenient form of
considerably long length of
• The main purpose of
winding or packaging is to
form a single yarn package
suitable for the next
Warping Warping is aimed at preparing the
weaver’s beam to be set up on the weaving
carries out following operations :
• Creation, out of a limited number of warp
threads (creel load), of a warp composed of
any number of threads with the desired
• Arrangement of above-mentioned threads
according to the desired sequence.
The industrial warping process can be carried
out according to two different technologies:
• Sectional warping (conical drum or indirect
• Beam warping or direct warping (preparatory
• Sizing is the
adhesive coating in
the warp threads
• The warp yarns can
complex stresses to
which they are
subjected in the
• The size is usually a starch
paste containing softening
and other ingredients.
• Starch sizes are usually
not satisfactory for
synthetic fiber threads
and have to be replaced
by special sizes (often
polymers) which will
adhere better to the
• To pass the warp threads through
the hole of the drop wire is known
• If a single warp breaks drop wire will
drop. As a result Machine will stop
instantly to avoid end missing.
Before the weaver’s beam is mounted on the loom, each end is threaded
through a heald eye and the reed; it also supports a drop wire.
• To pull the warp threads through
the heald eye of the heald wire.
• The process of drawing in is also
known as entering and knotting or
• It is the process that connects the
sizing and weaving.
• The important operations of this
process are leasing, drawing, tying
and dropper-pinning, which in
turn depend on different types of
yarn,Colour planting, weaving
machine type, and character of pr
oduction, i.e., degree of diversity.
• Drafting is known as
the selection of heald
frames or harnesses for
individual warp threads
according to the
• Drawing in: To pull the
warp threads through
the heald eye of the
• The reed is a comb-like
structure consisting of
regularly spaced wires. The
word dent is commonly
used to describe the space
between two reed wires.
• Denting means drawing the
warp thread through the
dent as required by reed
plan and this determines
more accurately the width
of the fabric and the ends
• Tying-in is used when a fabric is
being mass produced.
• The tail end of the warp from the
exhausted weaver’s beam is tied
to the beginning of the new warp.
• Therefore, if every end on the
new beam is tied to its
corresponding end on the old
beam, the drawing-in process can
• Following the tying-in process, all
knots are pulled through the drop
wires, heddles and the reed. The
loom is now ready for operation.
Weaving is the action of producing fabric by
the interlacing of warp and weft thread. The
warp threads are placed along the length of
the fabric and the weft threads are placed
along the width of the fabric.
MOTIONS OF LOOM
1. Primary Motions
a) Shedding Motion
b) Picking Motion
2. Secondary Motions
a) Take-up motion
b) Let-off motion
3. Auxiliary Motions
a) Warp Stop Motion
b) Weft Stop Motion
c) Warp Protector Motion
d) Weft Mixing Motion
e) Feeler Motion
f) Brake Motion
Back of Loom (Warp Alley)
• Extra End
• Missing End
• Crossed End
• Thick End Or Wrong Yarn
• Stuck Ends / Sizing Fault
• Spare End Bobbin
• Fluff And Fly
• Waste / Wild Yarn
Front Of Loom (Cloth Quality)
• Short Picks
• Weft Bars
• Uneven Yarn:
• Broken Pick
• Double End
• Wrong Draft
• Wrong Dent
• Reed Marks
• I have enough fortunate to get an opportunity
in Hema Chandran textile weaving mill during
the period of 10 days.
• I have received full cooperation and
encouragement during the learning process by
all the staff.
• I have learnt the mechanism of power loom,
preparatory process in fabric manufacturing.
It`s an good exposure to see auto looms and
advanced manufacturing in more for woven
• EIRI Project Consultants, Cotton Spinning Sizing, Yarn Dyeing And
ct_id=4118 Accessed on 29/01/2018
• Ashish Hulle, Weaving mechanism
reduction-of-yarn.html Accessed on29/01/2018
• Carl A. Lawrence, SPUN YARN TECHNOLOGY
• Dayalbagh educational institution, WEAVING, BASIC WEAVES AND
STANDARD FABRICS http://content.inflibnet.ac.in/data-
ET-V1-S1__lesson.pdf accessed on 30/01/2018
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.