STRUCTURE OF EARTH
• Earth is the 5th Largest Planet of solar system.
• The age of Earth is about 4.5 billion years ago.
• Its diameter is about 8,000 miles years ago.
• Earh is the third closet to sun.
• Earth is the only planet where life is known to exist.
• The 71% precent to Earth's Surface covered of
• And 29% of Earth is dry pot
• How are the earth layers similar to an egg
• Shell => Crust
• Egg white => Mantle
• Yolk => Core
• Crust is the outermost layer of earth
• It has two types
1. Oceanic crust
2. Continental crust
Types Of Crust
1. Continental Crust
• Continental Crust composed of silicon and aluminum (also
• It is lighter in weight and less in dense
• 2 Oceanic Crust
• The Oceanic Crust composed of silica and magnesium (Also
• It is found at the bottom of the oceans.
• It is generally harder deeper and dense then continental
• Mantle is thickest and largest layer.
• It is mainly made up semi molten rock
known as magma.
• It extands up to 2900 KM Depth.
• Mantle is devided into two layers
• Upper Mantle
• Low Mantle
• Upper mantle is viscos with both solid and
• The upper mantle along with the crust
comprises is called lithosphere.
• It's Depth is 35KM to 1000KM
• Lower mantle is less viscous.
• The Lower mantle is approximately 2900KM
• It is denser and hotter than upper mantle
• At the centre of earth lies the core
• It is very hot and dense layer
• It splits into two sections
• Outer Core And Inner Core.
• It extands up to 5100 KM in depth
• It's temperature is 4000'C
• Inner Core is liquid mass of iron and nickel.
• It is extands up to 6200 KM in Depth.
• It's temperature is about 6000'C