O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Obiee 188.8.131.52 step by step installation on linux (rhel – red hat)
OBIEE 184.108.40.206 Step by step installation on Linux (RHEL – Red Hat)
1. Hardware Requirements
2. Download of Installation Files
4. Creation of the Middleware Home directory
5. Libraries for Linux Red Hat
7. Creating an RCU on Database
8. OBIEE 220.127.116.11 Installation
Unzip the installation files on Linux box
Start the installation process
Specify inventory directory
Installer starts main GUI for installation
Step 1: Installer release Notes etc
Step 2: Software updates
Step 3: Installer Type: Simple Install
Step 4: The prerequisite checks starts here
Step 5 : Specify Installation Location
Step 6: Weblogic User and Scale Out
Step 7: Select Components to Install
Step 8: Fill in Database Details related to RCU Created
Step 9: Oracle Security Updates
Step 10: Generate a Response File (Silent Install File) & Summary
Step 11: Installation Has Started Copying Of Files
Step 12: Installation Has Started Configuring OBIEE
Step 13: Installation Result Summary Screen
I. Hardware Requirements
Hard Disk required around 40 GB (Including installation files etc)
RAM = 4 GB Minimum
II. Download the installation files
Libraries for this installation are available from here if any are missing.
On Linux, running Oracle Business Intelligence 18.104.22.168 Installer as the root user is not
Make sure there is a user available with the oinstall group and dba group memberships assigned.
Create MiddlewareHome Directory in a location where there is sufficient space available.
Use the command df –h to check space available to you for the install and space for the
When you have found the directory where you would like to install then create a middleware
IV. Creation of Middleware Home Directory
Log in as root and make a new directory as follows,
mkdir -p /MiddlewareHome
chown -R wishtree:oinstall /MiddlewareHome
chmod -R 775 /MiddlewareHome
When installation starts it will run a prerequisite check on the system to make sure all libraries
needed for the install are available. You can either use YUM or the above link in the document to
download the required libraries identified during the prerequisite check.
V. Libraries for Linux
If Libraries need to be installed cancel the install – Download and install the libraries using the
To install: rpm –ivh <package_name>
Set the Ulimit Parameters (Soft and Hard Limits)
set the /etc/security/limits.conf file
oracle soft nofile 4096
oracle hard nofile 65536
If you have set the Ulimits in the conf file above then the Linux instance will need a bounce for the settings
to be set on boot up.
To set ulimit, you can execute the below command, log in as root,
Ulimit -n 4096
To see if you have set the ulimit correctly the command to use is :
ulimit –a | grep open
VII. Creating an RCU on Database
As we are running OBIEE on Linux 64 Bit platform, we have to create the RCU from a Windows
Machine. We are using windows 7 for this. This utility can be run any time prior to the OBIEE installation
and the database user must have sysdba privilege on the required database. Database version we are using
1. Start rcu.sh
2. Click Next.
3. Fill in the relevant details.
This can be found in the tnsnames.ora file for the database that you want install the RCU
4. Ignore the Warning for database supported versions.
5. Select Create to create a new schema in database.
6. Click Ok when operation is completed.
7. Click Oracle Business Intelligence and click Next. Make a note of the Prefix.
8. Click Ok when operation is completed.
9. Select Use passwords for all schema. Set the password for both the schema which you are going to
create in your database.
10. Make a note of your schema Owners and Click Next.
11. Click Ok to confirm the Tablespaces.
12. Create Ok when operation completed.
13. Make sure summary is ok and you have taken down all notes and click Create.
14. You will get a completion Summary. Click Close.
That's it. If you login to your database, you will see 2 schemas with their objects have been created ready
to support your OBIEE main installation.
VIII. OBIEE 22.214.171.124.0 Installation
Unzip the installation files on the Linux box
When you issue the first unzip command it will create a bishiphome directory and with increate sub
directories for the disks.
If you do not have enough disk space on the Linux box you can keep deleting the installation zip files after
you unzip them.
1. Navigate to the following directory on the server.
Initiate the installation by giving the following command on the server,
11. Specify Inventory directory.
3. Deselect "Continue installation with local inventory" and then Ok.
4. Step 1: Install release notes, etc. Click Next.
5. Step 2: Skip Software updates if you want and click Next.
6. Step 3: Click Simple install and click Next.
7. Step 4: If any prerequisite check fails, then Cancel the installation, make them correct and
restart the installer. If succeed, click Next.
8. Step 5: Point to Middleware Directory Created earlier on install guide. And Click Next.
9. Step 6: Fill in Weblogic and your password. Click Next.
10. Step 7: Select components to install. Click Next.
11. Step 8: Fill in Database Details related to RCU Created. (For DEV_BIPLATFORM)
The same for MDS and & BIPLATFORM schemas created in RCU Process.
Fill in Database Type : Oracle Database Connect String : Description as above.
BIPLATFORM : Schema as created when creating RCU and password used.
12. Click Next for DEV_MDS schema accepting defaults. Click Next.
13. Step 9: Deselect Support check box as follows and Click Next.
15. Step 10: Generate a response file (Silent Install File) & summary.
Here you can generate a response file (Silent Install File) Click Save.
You can use this file for another installation if needed.
16. Step 11: Click Install.
Install stage of copying files has started, post install scripts and one off patches etc.
Once at 100% the copying is complete.
17. Step 12: Installation has started configuring OBIEE.
This is where the Installer is Configuring OBIEE 126.96.36.199 and Weblogic and
Fusion Middleware etc. Make sure everything is Success, and then only everything
will be working as expected. Click Next.
18. Step 13: Installation Result Summary screen.
Save the Completion Summary to the box and copy all the URL’s Needed etc to launch OBIEE.
That’s it for the installation. Run the EM makes sure everything is ok.
19. Test your URL’s from your completion summary and everything is up and running.