1. Tanner B. Parks
9351 Glenwater Dr. | Charlotte, NC 28262 | Phone: 404-513-6556 | Email: email@example.com
Objective Seeking an opportunity to exercise skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and leadership
while gaining experience in a pre-professional environment as well as a better understanding of how an
organization successfully carries out its mission.
Education B.A. in Communication Studies and B.A. in International Studies May 2016
Levine Scholars Program Class of 2016
UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
Honors Chancellor’s List: Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014
And Awards Dean’s List: Fall 2014, Spring 2015
Levine Scholarship Recipient
• UNC Charlotte’s most prestigious 4-year merit scholarship program based on scholarship,
ethical leadership, and civic engagement.
Internship Wine to Water, Boone, North Carolina May 26-August 7 2015
• Develop a growth strategy for the Chapter Program.
• Design an effective system of online record keeping for international projects.
• Research potential partnerships between the organization and universities in Chicago, IL.
With Open Eyes, Charlotte, North Carolina May 26- Aug 6 2014
• Research and compile a list of effective Income Generating Activities for native pastors in Kenya.
• Fundraise $8,000 for the abroad half of the internship.
• Research and attend meetings to explore new approaches to Marketing for the organization.
Young Life, Charlotte, North Carolina May 27- July 1 2013
• Assigned advertisement and promotion of organization on a college campus
• Establish mutually beneficial relationships between Young Life and local businesses.
• Working with excel, organizing information, collection fees and forms, and organizing events.
Leadership Team Leader Aug 2013-
Experience Young Life, Charlotte, North Carolina
• Organizing and delegating for a team of volunteers doing youth ministry at a local high school.
• Overseeing the planning and organization of two weekly events.
Head of On-Campus Outreach and Promotion Sept- Nov 2013
49er Dance Marathon
• Overseeing the advertisement and promotion of a major event on a college campus.
• Managing an online forum for dozens of students to volunteer for the event.
Entertainment Committee Member Sept- Nov 2013
49er Dance Marathon
• Helping organize and plan a 12-hour dance marathon fundraiser on a college campus.
• Recruiting entertainers from the city of Charlotte, NC to perform at the event.
Graduate July 2012
National Outdoor Leadership School, Palmer, AK
• Learning effective leadership, communication, and decision-making in an uncomfortable and
2. References Dr. Diane Zablotsky, Faculty Director Mr. Brent Whittaker, former Area Director
Levine Scholars Program, UNC Charlotte Young Life, Cabarrus County
Cone Center 349 3906 Camellia Dr.
9201 University City Boulevard Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Charlotte, NC 28223 Phone: (843) 446-9144
Phone: (704) 687-5880 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheri Sloan, Mobilization and Partner Relations
With Open Eyes, Charlotte, NC
4100 Coca-Cola Plaza
Charlotte, NC 28211
Phone: (704) 661-6747