O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Every SNS has a stream
• Endlessly flow of information
• Is contributed by social graph – kept alive by social graph –
and killed by social graph.
• Mostly in time order.
• “A stream” allow members to
- Broadcast themselves, what they think, do and want to
- Update information from friends.
- Connect and react to friends
- Find old and new friends.
-> A stream is the core of what so-called a Social Network
Key features of a Stream
• A stream is where people ‘broadcast’
-> so it must has a post feature.
• A stream is where people ‘talk’
-> so it must has a comment feature.
• A stream is where people ‘share’
-> so it must has a share feature.
• A stream is where people ‘find’ friends
-> so it must has a suggestion feature.
• And, A stream is where people ‘are’ on Social network
-> so it must has a privacy feature.
It all started with a ‘Post’..
• A post is what You want to Share with Others in a
• A post may be
- a blast – ‘what’s on your mind?’
- a link – ‘what’s happening?’
- a video/picture – ‘watch with me!’
- a blog – ‘what is your opinion?’
- or trivial stuffs such as “TanNg is in a relationship
with Vuong Vu Thang” or “Duy Doan is in a killing
spree on Linkhay. Join him!” (application
WHAT A POST ‘MAY BE’
WHAT A STREAM ‘MUST SUPPORT’
(so, this is the first and hardest headache of a
Product Manager when designing a stream)
Comment, Comment, Comment
• What makes us stick with a social network?
- Phong Tran commented on your link.
- TanNg wrote something on your wall
- Minh also commented on Vuong Vu Thang’s photo
• Comments are Conversations and Communications.
• But, Comments are also Complicated
- Does it need a font format or just plain text?
- If yes, how far will we (the site makers) support? Only Bold, Italic,
Underlined or there must be also “quote” and “attach link/photos”
or even “reply with a photo”?
- After a Comment, there must be a Reply. How do we design it? 1, 2
or 3 levels, how many are enough?
- A comment goes with an Identity. An Identity goes with a nick, an
avatar, and many little fking things. Putting all of them fit in a tiny
place to please both the boss and users is a pain in the ass of every
• Comments are a Stream itself.
I share, so I exist
• The Ultimate power of Social Media and Social
Network is Sharing Feature, which now we call
• The information in Social network is shared in
geometric series, not arithmetic series like
other media tools or e-newspaper.
• The convenience creates trouble to PM and