ABHILASHI COLLEGE OF NURSING
ROLE OF RESEARCH NURSING , FUTURISTIC NURSING
SUBMITTEDTO : SUBMITTED BY :
MISS PALAVI MAM SHALINI SHARMA
ASSOCIATED PEDIATRIC MSC 1ST YEAR ( CHN)
DATE : 4 / 03 / 2022
Research is a process that systematically search for new facts and
relationships .Nursing research is needed to discover, verify ,structure and
restructure the professional knowledge through systematic inquiry .Research
is the only way to:
Build a body of nursing knowledge .
Validate improvement in nursing .
Make health care efficient as well as cost effective
• To mould the attitudes ,intellectual competence and technical skill :
Nursing is service to individual ,families ,and therefore society . It is based on arts and science
which mould the attitude ,intellectual competencies and technical skills of individual nurse
into the desired and to help people, well or sick and cope with their health needs .
• Filling the gaps in knowledge and practice
Most of the medical and nurses ‘ leaders believed that gap exists between existing knowledge
that is affecting nurses and application . This gap exist both nursing education and nursing
service. To meet the new challenges ,investigate unsolved problems and to scrutinize the
changes in nursing .
• Fostering a commitment ,accountabilities to clientele
The ultimate goal of a profession is a improve the practice of its member , so that services
provided to clientele should have greatest impact . this can be done by continual development
of scientific body knowledge fundamental to its practice that can be instrumental in fostering
commitment and accountabilities to professional and clientele .
• Providing basics for professionalism
Nursing has establishment itself as a professional. The increasing awareness of nurses to
include research as an integral part of professional nursing behavior is rapidly increasing.
Research provides abstract knowledge that is foundation for establishing nursing as a
• Providing basis for professional accountability
The quality of nursing care can be improved only if scientific accountability
become part of tradition.it also includes scientific literature for new
knowledge so that application of this knowledge become part of nursing
• Helping to improve the standards in nursing education
Nursing educator utilize the finding from research in structuring programmed
of study , in developing course contents and in designing methods of
IMPORTANCE OF RESEARCH IN NURSING
• RESEARCH is an importance tool for the continual development of of an
relevant body of knowledge in nursing.
• Research generates information from nursing investigations which help
define define the unique role of nursing as a profession .
• The knowledge generated through research is essential to provide scientific
basis for description, explanation, prediction and control of nursing practice
• Description :descriptive research is defined as a research method that
describes characteristics of the population or phenomenon studies. through
selected research method, nurses are able to describe what exists in nursing
practice, discover new information for use in the discipline.
• Explanation : when explanation for the relationships among variables is
clarified and reason for occurrence of certain events are identified.
Prediction : Prediction is a statement of the expected result of the experiment
based on the hypothesis . through prediction the probabilities of specific
outcome in a given situation can be estimated. However, it does not
necessarily enable to modify or control the outcome .
• Control :control is to manipulate the situation to produce the desired or
predicted outcome. E.g. : nurse could prescribe slowly stoke back massage
to promote comfort and relaxations hospice patient .
• MODREN NURSING : the art using the latest technology and science to
promote quality of life as defined by patients and families throughout their
life experienced from birth to the end of life.
1. FUTURE DIRECTION FOR NURSING EDUCATION :
• School should recruit diverse students and facilities that reflect the multi
cultural nature of society
• Curricula and learning activities should develop students critical thinking
• Curricula should emphasize students abilities to communicate from
interpersonal families and interdisplinary colleagues
• The number of advanced practice nurses should be increased and curricula
should emphasize health promotion and health maintenance skills for all
• Emphasis should be placed on community –based care increased
accountability state of the art clinical skills and increased information
• Cost effectiveness of care should focus in nursing curricula.
FUTURE DIRECTION FOR MEDICAL
approach Fitness to
• Student centered learning : student centered learning gives students the
opportunity to decide two things : what material they learn and how they
• Adapting curriculum: a process of adjusting the existing curriculum to meet
the diverse need of learners of all abilities
• Teaching innovation : innovation teaching means the teacher is a creator, but
unfortunate it does not necessarily mean the same time for students. Innovation is
not just doing something new; it is thinking of new ways to improve a product, a
method, or an idea .
• System approach : the system approach is top took upon management as a system
or as “an organized whole” made up of sub system integrated into a unity or
• Medical students most spend most time in teaching hospital but they will
eventually work in the community, where most patient are treated .
• fitness to practice : According toWalton, fitness to practice is an issue with
which all medical schools are currently grappling overall we are probably
handling the issues of knowledge and skills quite well.
• Medical education research : in order to validate the effectiveness of new
teaching approaches medical education research must emphasis
appropriate methodology .
Nursing research : by the year 2020- less then 15 year from
now a study from occupational health and safety
administration predicts that the need for registered nurses
in nursing homes will increase 66% for licensed practical
and vocational nurses by 72% and the need for certified
nursing assistants will increased by 69% .
• TECHNOLOGY CHANGED NURSING : nurse now tends to be specialists
rather than generalists because the equipment they use is so specialized .
Technology can make it more challenging ,to make sure the art of nursing in
not over –shadowed by science
• Tele medicine : telemedicine is a rapidly developing application of clinical
medicine where medical information is transferred via telephone ,the
internet or other networked for the purpose of consulting and sometimes
remote medical procedure and examination .
• Tele health nursing : nurse always used the telephone to communicate with
physician , patients and other health provider . Todays technologies have
involved far beyond the telephone to include computers ,interactive audio
and video linkages ,teleconferencing .
• Impact of telehealth on patient outcomes :telehealth use in home health
care opens the door for direct communication between the patient and the
provider by integrating information and technology to facilitate health care
• Robot nursing : robot- nurse helps nurses in hospital . Her body is developed
by Samsung and her brain by robot –hosting .com .she has face recognition
(camera ), voice recognition ( microphone ) , arms and hands . She talk
(speaker ) with the patients ,doctors and nurses in 8 human language .
Another responsibility is talking with those patients who do not have any
visitors . She keeps their company , just carry on the conversation and make
them happy .
FUTURESTIC CYBER NURSING
IN FUTURE : when you arrive at work ,your I.D. tag is automatically detected and you are clocked in as you walk
through the door
• The patient is being monitored by automatic vital sign .
• You do your assessment verbally into your hand held device that converts it to readable notes on the
computers ‘ main system .
• Most diagnosis will have a system for auto care plans upon patient admission .
• Patients have a bedsides computer to access educational tools and progress of their recovery or stay .
• Nurses getting laptop and using internet to do their jobs . This is a way to spend more time with patients and
less time for do paperwork
• BOOK REFRENCES :Basheer p. she beer , khanYasmeen s. ,textbook advanced
nursing practice ,2rd edition ,medical Emmis publication, page no 43-56
• INTERNET REFRENCES :
• https://www.slideshare.net/monikasyal/futurestic-nursing -171117973