2. A "culture clash" is a conflict between cultures, or a
disagreement arising between two parties of different
beliefs, values and practices. Criminal offences and
delinquencies often arise from culture clashes.
Conflict occurs between or within cultures as an inevitable
reaction to handling differences. Behavior and perception of
the situation affect the likelihood of a resolution. For
instance, tolerance and patience help diminish the problem,
whereas disrespect and feelings of superiority provoke the
situation and turn it into discrimination, exclusion and even
war. Assimilating different cultures and preventing conflict
require adaptability, understanding and communication. Art
can also play an important role because it inspires people
to be curious of cultural diversity.
COMPANIES INVOLVED IN THE CASE –
• SENITEL – Basically in Customer Service for
• DELDOT – Basically in printers & Modem
• TACIT – Basically in Fax and personal
4. PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE CASE STUDY
BHRIGU TARRY – RESOURCE ENABLEMENT HEAD
IN DELSEA INDIA.
JIMMY KANT – CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR
IN DELSEA INDIA.
VILASH MHATRE – HEAD OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT
5. All About Case -:
o The case is about the culture clash among the different functional heads
of Delsea India.
o Basically, the case starts when DELDOT acquires SINETEL as SINETEL
was facing the financial crisis due to liberal credt.
o But, the employees were not happy with the merger as the core
functions were different from SINETEL.
o Only, 1/3rd of the employees were retained by the DELSEA INDIA as the
MD of the Co. didn’t wanted to carry excess fat.
o The DELSEA INDIA faced many problems in training the employees as
the employees from the SINETEL were unable to establish the sync with
the corporate mission of DELSEA INDIA.
o Due to lack of training and co-ordination, the DELSEA INDIA team was
divided into two teams which used to report to the corporate office.
o There were stark difference in the way the two companies (Sinetel &
Deldot) thought. The SINETEL focused on processes i.e. Quality of the
work and DELDOT focused on the Quantitative approach.
6. o The difference in opinion resulted in the low sales figures
due to mixed sales team.
o The initial idea was to keep the three companies under
DELSEA INDIA umbrella.
o The Functional heads faced many problems and resulted
into various conflicts among them.
o The company was not able to provide the better customer
service to the customers.
o The merger was proven to be wrong by the management
of the company.
7. PROBLEMS IDENTIFICATION
1. Merging of all the Functional units of the different
2. Disturbing the initial structure of the companies.
3. Absence of Customer service in the DELSEA INDIA.
4. Absence of Co-ordination among functional units.
5. Lack of training among the employees.
1. ALL FUNCTIONAL UNITS SHOULD BE SEPARATE AND CONTROLLED.
2. BASIC STRUCTURE SHOULD NOT BE DISTURBED
3. PRIMARY AIM SHOULD BE PROVIDING CUSTOMER SERVICES
4. THERE SHOULD BE PROPER COORDINATION BETWEEN TRAINED
EMPLOYEES OF THE COMPANY.