1. Stephanie J. Eberl
(720) 369-6457 • email@example.com
• 15+ years of directly relevant experience including customer service, management, training, retail, revenue
projection and meeting goals, product inventory and ordering, merchandising, guest service and satisfaction,
reservations management for high-profile, high-volume restaurants, and high volume retail stores.
• Outstanding customer service, communication, and presentation skills. Proven skill working with upscale clientele.
• Highly skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and delivering exemplary service under pressure. Team player who leads
by example. Known for solid work ethic and reliability (99%+ attendance rate).
• Quick to learn new procedures. Committed to ongoing professional development and taking on greater
• Proficient with Micros, other restaurant POS systems, and common Office applications (Word, etc.).
• Ready to apply acquired skills in a position requiring professionalism, initiative, and passion for service.
Manager • MAC Cosmetics, Nordstrom 01/10 to present
Managed three different MAC cosmetic locations, and currently managing MAC in Nordstrom. Consisting of
overseeing and conducting interviews, hiring, staff growth and development, weekly revenue reporting and projecting,
scheduling, problem solving and critical thinking, communicating with all levels of management, motivating and
inspiring staff to perform at their personal best, customer service and clientele, preparing and planning cosmetic events,
filing and preparing customer information, pulling resources and ensuring that business is consistently at an increase
from prior year.
• Won two regional company-wide contests in 2015, having achieved the highest personal increase in revenue,
and also the highest revenue increase as a team during the holiday season, (ranging out of more than fifteen
various Nordstrom locations nationwide).
• Started with three employees, growing to seven, while having an average increase in revenue of 13% from the
• Traveled to other markets as an “impact team member” for support during retail events to ensure success.
During this time, was named “MVP” for overall image, customer service, highest generated, sales and
presentation in makeup appointments.
Server/Acting Manager/Key Carrier • Monica’s at the Park, San Diego, CA 03/09 to 8/10
Led service and daily operations of this café (60 seats, offering breakfast and lunch service as well as full espresso
bar). Manager in owner’s absence, frequently entrusted with single-handedly operating café. Coordinated all front-
of-house and back-of-house functions, including customer service, cashiering, order expediting, inventory,
purchasing, vendor relations, and sanitation. Organized setup and teardown for group meetings and other special
events (30-80 guests). Performed nighttime closing and prep work.
• Trained staff to deliver outstanding service in fast-paced conditions. Taught multitasking and teamwork.
Hostess • The Shores Restaurant, La Jolla, CA 3/09 to 08/10
Instrumental in ensuring overall guest satisfaction for this award-winning, 300-seat fine dining restaurant (menu by
Chef Bernard Guillas of The Marine Room). Coordinated reservations, greeting, and seating of guests. Troubleshot
any problems with reservations or service, demonstrating a “whatever it takes” approach to guest satisfaction. First
and last point of contact with customers. Built rapport with regular clientele, cultivating repeat business and positive
word-of-mouth. Trained new hires in MICROS restaurant system for reservations and order processing.
• Promoted to seasonal Server for beach and poolside guests at La Jolla Shores Hotel. Coordinated cocktail and
breakfast/brunch/lunch dinner service.
• In addition to daily restaurant operations, coordinated reservations for large-scale events (holiday brunches
with 800+ guests within 6 hours) and special occasions (weddings, corporate events, parties).
2. Sales/Supervisor/Certified Makeup Artist • MAC Cosmetics, Denver, CO 1/02-2/09
Emphasized consultative sales techniques, extensive product knowledge, and lasting rapport with customers.
Maintained detailed records on individual customers’ purchases and preferences, used to generate additional sales and
repeat business. Experience with merchandising, inventory, ordering, resets of store and window displays, cash handling,
and bank deposits. Key holder entrusted with opening and closing store. Assisted with staging in-store demonstrations
and promotional events.
• Achieved 2nd
highest sales in 3-state region, 2008.
• Completed MAC Certified Product Specialist and Advanced Makeup Artistry training.
• Helped organize and manage MAC’s participation in Colorado AIDS Walk. Produced fashion show fundraiser
that generated over $2,000 in donations.
• Freelance makeup artist for numerous events including the Colorado Democratic Convention and the National
3. Stephanie J. Eberl
(720) 369-6457 • firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
Instructor • Snowboard Outreach Society, Breckenridge, CO 1/07 to 12/08
Mentor and role model for at-risk youth while working full time at MAC Cosmetics. Taught snowboarding, goal-
setting, community service, and responsibility. Motivated students to pursue volunteer opportunities and college
Hostess/Server • Joe’s Crab Shack, Westminster, CO 5/00 to 1/02
Coordinated reservations, greeting, and seating for this extremely busy seafood restaurant. Extensive interaction
with customers, working to ensure their satisfaction and happiness (even with 2-hour wait times for seating). Heavy
emphasis on teamwork. Demonstrated strong organization and prioritizing skills under pressure. Booked and
planned large events. Sold merchandise in associated retail boutique.
Promoted to Server, managing section of 7 tables (30 seats). Completed intense, week-long training in menu,
presentation, and performance skills unique to this restaurant. Assisted other servers and staff with handling
workflow. Quickly resolved any problems or complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
Hostess/Barista/Cashier • Le Peep, Westminster, CO 3/99 to 4/00
Greeted and served customers and prepared beverages at this 60-seat neighborhood café.
Hostess/Customer Service training • The Shores Hotel, La Jolla, CA
Trained in operations and history of hotel property.
Customer Service training • MAC Cosmetics and Nordstrom
In-depth training, including psychology of customer service, and twice-yearly refresher training.
Acting training • The Rehearsal Room, San Diego, CA
Method acting study, including monologues, Shakespeare, character analysis, sense memory, emotional recall, and
other techniques. Participated in 3 scene studies to showcase skills for an audience of agents and casting directors.
Leadership training • RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards)
Training in methods of responsible and effective leadership.