“You won’t do well unless you’re hiring people who are consistent with your values,” shared Blackstone Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder Stephen Schwarzman during his November 18, 2015 View From The Top talk at Stanford GSB.
Read his eight lessons about entrepreneurship, hiring, and management: http://stanford.io/1Kb1EFC
1. When you’re hiring, don’t settle.
2. Rejection hurts — so get used to it.
3. Never be complacent.
4. Measure your words.
5. Don’t praise employees unless they deserve it.
6. People are more important than time.
7. Articulate the core values of your business.
8. Make it safe to be critical.