O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Types of Food Chain
• Aquatic- is a food chain is a simple linkage
of producers to consumers through
• Terrestrial- land- related food chains with
land plants and animals.
What’s In the Food Chain
• Producers, also known as autotrophs, make
their own food. They make up the first
level of every food chain.
• Green Plants use energy from the sun to
• Consumer in a food chain are living
creatures that eat organisms from a
• Consumers hunt and gather food because
they cannot make their own food.
Three Types of Consumers:
• A herbivore is an animal anatomically and
physiologically adapted to eating plant
• An animal who only eat other animals
Lions and tigers
• An omnivore is an animal that eats both plants
and animals, which may include eggs, insects,
fungi, and algae
• an organism, usually a bacterium or
fungus, that breaks down the cells of dead
plants and animals into simpler substances.
• Decomposers return to the nutrients that
are in a living thing in to the soil.
Predator and Prey
• A predator is an animal that hunts and eats
• A prey is an animal that gets eaten by the
Why does Food Chain is important to
• A food chain shows how energy is transferred
from one living organism to another via food.
It is important for us to understand how the
food chain works so that we know what are
the important living organisms that make up
the food chain and how the ecology is
What is Food Web
• A food web (or food cycle) is the natural
interconnection of food chains and a
graphical representation (usually an
image) of what-eats-what in an
Types of food web representation
• TYPOLOGICAL WEBS - These food webs
simply indicate a feeding relationship.
• FLOW WEBS- Bio-energetic webs or flow
webs, include information on the strength
of feeding information.
• INTERACTION WEB – In interaction the
arrows show how one group influences
Importance of Food Web
• Food web is an important conceptual tool
for illustrating the feeding relationships
among species within a community,
revealing species interactions and
community structure, and understanding
the dynamics of energy transfer in an