O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Turn The Tide by BCG & Facebook: Report Summary
The COVID-19outbreakhasproventobe a global pandemicof anunprecedented scale impactingpeople,
communities,andbusinesses acrossnations.InIndia,aswiththe restof the world,the firstfew weeksof
the lockdown sawthe industryinawave of panicand uncertaintyasthe disruption inbusinesscontinuity
threatened to potentially destabilize the economy.
Facebookhasalwaysbeencommittedtodevelopingandsharing industry-leadingfull-funnel solutionsfor
brands across all categories. As India opens up to limited business activity, this joint collaboration with
the BostonConsultingGroup - a consumersentimentsurvey,titled ‘Turn the Tide’ - aims to serve as a
reference pointon consumerinsights,trends,andguidance forthe industry,brands,andagenciesasthey
begin to negotiate the commencement of operations.
What’sdifferentaboutthisreportisthatit’snot justa researchstudybut that italsoprovidesactionable
guidance that brands can deploy right away. It brings together the expertise of BCG’s deepinsights and
years of consulting experience with Facebook’s experience across thousands of campaigns run on its
Covid-19 has impacted lives in 3 big ways:
Health & Hygiene
Consumer journey has altered; brands need to urgently identify opportunities to build for new
COVID-19 has fueledthe digital medium inan unprecedentedmanner.Some of these consumer
trends are here to stay.
Brands are alreadyleveragingsocial media platforms to build for the new consumer journeys.
Consumer Behavior has fundamentally changed: Emerging Trends (11 Uber themes)
A. Reversal of Past Trends
1. Bringing the outside inside: 79% people are not going out of house, except work
2. Trust inBrand above all else: 63% people are payingmore attentiontoorigin of product
3. Trading Downand Bargain Hunting: 43% people are expectingdecrease in overall spend
in next 6 months
4. Shopping for Utility: Purchase triggers expected to become more "functional"
B. Acceleration of Existing Trends
5. Embracingdigital services&experiences: 51% consumerssaw anincrease inpaymentvia
6. Acceleratedadoptionof e-commerce andO2O: 50% of all consumersexpecttoincrease
e-commerce spend in next 1 month
7. Strive for Health & Wellness: +40% may increase spend on Health and Wellness
8. Rise of Smart Shoppers: Informed purchase decision; High salience of digital research
C. New Habits:
9. Remote way of living: The new normal
10. Do It Yourself: Spike in new hobbies and habits
11. Superior Hygiene and Clean Living: 91% Indian households washing hands more often
FB-BCG’s Guidance To Brands Based on Report Findings:
Model to build