A music video synopsis is a one-page summary that
familiarises the reader (producers, investors, directors,
theatres, agents, etc.) with the plot, characters, and
placement of songs within video.
The music video synopsis should achieve two things. First,
it should convey the basic plot and characters of the video.
Secondly, it should be intriguing!
We will use the following steps to create the content for our
Music Video Idea 1
• This music video will be filmed in a urban setting and it will focus on
depicting the nature and the characteristics of specific area and the lead
character connection with the area he lives in, as well as his inner
aspirations and desires.
• The video will portray social and economic dilapidation, and it will be a
homage and ode to his hometown with the snapshots of the characters daily
• The video will show scenes of the area as the character drives the car in
order to pick up his girlfriend.
• The lead character during the driving and waiting scenes will perform the
• The car will be used as a statues symbol.
• In addition to the main footage a cut away shots of a girlfriend getting ready
for a date could be interlaced.
Music Video Idea 1 Pros & Cons
• Follows and depicts visually and
stylistically music genre symbolism
• Not demanding and time
consuming shooting schedule
• Only one character
• Accessible locations
• Not official permission needed
• Low budget
• Minimum crew required
• Difficult and demanding to film
inside the moving car
• Passerbyers might disrupt and
prolong the filming
• Appropriate car needed
Music Video Idea 2
• This music video idea will be focused on an artist recording the song in a
• The intro scenes will show artist making final corrections to the song before
stepping into a recording booth.
• The studio footage will be used as a main visual anchor for the viewer.
• The video will cross-cut between the artist recording and story scenes shot
in different locations.
• The story scenes will depict flashbacks and snapshots of his previous
relationship and those scenes will be matched with a specific verses from
Music Video Idea 2 Pros & Cons
• Visually interesting and appealing
• Main footage filmed in a controlled
• Stylistic contrast with recoding
sequence and memory flashbacks
• Emotional response and link
between the lyric and moving image
• Access to recording studio
• Studio staff/extras needed
• Filming of varied locations
Music Video Idea 3
• This music video idea will depict a flirting phone video call between a
• The video will be intertwined with camera and actual phone recorder
• Both characters will be in their bedroom wearing casual informal cloths.
• The video will portray male protagonist singing the song, while the female
character will mainly depict reaction to the lyrics.
• The video could be in some segments, edited in a two slip screen mode.
• The video will not be explicit but rather it will be suggestive.
• The end of the video could be interacted by somebody knocking or barging
into the bedroom of one of the characters.
Music Video Idea 3 Pros & Cons
• Intimate depiction of relationship
that can appeal to female audience
• Suggestive and flirtatious scenes
• Filmed indoors and in a controlled
• Only two characters needed
• Use of POV phone footage
• Filming separately and on different
• Emotional and reveling acting
• Demanding and time consuming
Music Video Idea 4
• This music video idea will show characters of different age, style, and ethnicity walking into
the shot from different directions and lip-sync a line from the song while dancing.
• As they walk in they will disrupt in a humorous and in a slapstick comedy way the character
that was performing before them.
• In contrast to version 1 in this idea varied characters in regards to age, appearance and
entity walk in front of the camera sideways from left to right.
• As they step in front of the camera they lip-sync a line from the song and then they step out
as another character steps in.
• The whole footage will be filmed using still camera framed to roughly medium shot.
• The green screen can be used in post-production to add textual or visual graphical
Floor Plan Version 1 Floor Plan Version 2
Music Video Idea 4 Pros & Cons
• Untypical video for the music genre
• Filmed using static camera
• Humorous style
• Resembles art video installation
• Visual simplicity
• Large number of extras needed
• Long rehearsal time prior to filming
• Difficulty to achieve continuity if it is
not filmed in one take
• Access to large studio
• Advance post-production techniques
needed if the footage for the green
screen is to be added
Music Video Idea 5
• This music video idea is inspired by TV music talent competition contested
by aspiring singers and musicians.
• The video will be filmed in a fake/mock documentary style and it will depict
the search for new trap/hip hop artist that will represent NEO.
• The video will capture judging panel reactions, the atmosphere during the
casting, artist performance as well behind the scene footage.
• The video can be split into three main sections. The first one would be
casting selection, the middle and most important section would be selected
contestants performing segments from the song and the final segment
would be the announcement of the winner.
Music Video Idea 4 Pros & Cons
• Documentary style that mocks
mainstream music and instant
• Story telling narrative structure
• Large number of cast
• Filming on different location
• Demanding pre-production
• Access to studio