PRESENTED BY :
• History of Hyderabad
• Traditional way of cooking
• Famous Cuisines of Hyderabad
• Heritage of Hyderabad
• Culture of Hyderabad
• Festivals celebrated
• Traditional festive cuisines
• “Irani Chai” ( Speciality )
History of Hyderabad
• Established by the 5th Sultan of Golconda,
Muhamad Quli Qutab Shah in 1591.
• Named after his wife Bhagmati
• Later changed to hyderabad after her name hyder
• Travel writers from portugal and france of those
days wrote about it in glowing terms.
TRADITIONAL STYLE OF
“Dum” literally means “taking in air” in Hindi. Dum
cooking entered India by way of Persia some 200 years
ago, brought into the country by Muslim settlers.
Traditional utensils made of copper, brass, and earthen
or clay pots are used for Hyderabadi cooking and involve
the direct use of fire
What is Dum Cooking (Dumpukht)?
FAMOUS CUISINES OF HYDERABAD
• Hyderabadi cuisine also known as Deccani cuisine of
India, was developed after the foundation of Qutb
shahi dynasty by Sultan Quli
• Biryani - a traditional meal of lamb & rice.
• Types of biryanis – Hyderabadi biryani, Kachche- gosht
ki biriyani, Zafrani Biryani, Kheeme ki khichidi.
• Hyderabadi haleem - Haleem is a seasonal delicacy of
wheat, meat cooked for hours to a porridge-like paste.
This wheat porridge dish has its roots in Arabia,
known as “harees”.
• Keemay ki lukhmi - mince savoury
• Muthi Ke Kebabs – Meat balls specialty
• Garle - A Hyderabadi snack.
• Qubani ka meetha - Apricot Pudding
• Double ka meetha- Bread Pudding
• Sheer korma - Vermicelli Pudding
Heritage structures of Hyderabad
TAJ FALAKNUMA PALACE
Falaknuma Palace is also known as the “mirror of the sky”
because at 2000 feet, it was built in the clouds and reflects
the ever-changing moods of the sky. Set in 32 acres of land
and spread over 19400 square meters, the Palace was
commissioned by Sir Nawab Vikar-Ul Umra, a Hyderabadi
nobleman from the Paigah family.
Culture of Hyderabad
The hyderabadi civilization is not static as time
progressed, new forces emerged, old ideas underwent
and thus evolved the hyderabadi culture.
The 400-year-old metropolis, a mixing pot of varied
cultures, this cosmopolitan city is endowed with rich &
variety of culture and.
Hindu-Muslim ethos : Began with the Sultan’s romance
with the beautiful Bhagmati.
Etiquette : Give preference to others over oneself.
Hyderabadi Baitak : social sittings even in the weekdays.
• Ramzan : The holy month of Ramzan is a special
occasion in the life of a Muslim.
• Diwali/Deepavali : Diwali, the festival of lights is no
exception. The Goddess of Wealth, Lakshmi, is the main
deity worshipped during this festival.
• Vinayaka Chaturthi : It is the festival of Ganesha, the
pot bellied, elephant headed son of Shiva.
TRADITIONAL FESTIVAL CUISINES
• Mouhalabieh : A simple, creamy and sweet milk-
based pudding flavored with orange blossom water
and topped with ground pistachios.
• Awwamat : These are flour dough balls that are
deep fried then dipped in sugar syrup. They come
out sweet and crispy! Serve hot .
• Maamul Tamer : Semolina-based cookies that are
stuffed with a date paste, then shaped and
decorated either by hand or using a special wooden
• There are variants of the Irani chai which one
must try like the Khade Chammach ki chai if you
have a sweet tooth.
• It is so named because the cup has so much
sugar that the spoon stands upright when
inserted to mix!
• The other variant is Burkhe wali chai. It is the
Irani chai with a thick layer of cream above the
• In the village of Chandanpet just outside Hyderabad,
almost the entire population is engaged in the delicate
art of drilling pearls.
• A skill they have practised for generations, making
Hyderabad one of the largest drilling centres in India.
• Pearls are also graded according to color. While pink
pearls and black pearls are also considered to be of
• white pearls have traditionally been most popular
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.