O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
This slide is about a great entrepreneur named Elon Musk. He is the founder of Tesla Motors, SpaceX, Hyperloop, SolarCity and many others. This man is dedicated to change our society with "green energy".
Who is an Entrepreneur ?
An individual who, rather than working as an
employee, runs a small business and assumes all the
risk and reward of a given business venture, idea, or
good or service offered for sale. The entrepreneur is
commonly seen as a business leader and innovator
of new ideas and business processes.
• Business Magnate
• Man of Vision
• #15 Richest in Tech
(2015) by Forbes
How it all started…
• Born in South Africa on June 28, 1971
• Self-taught computer programmer
• Sold a video game made by him for $500 at the age of 12
• He was accepted into Queen's University in Kingston at the age of 19.
• Bachelor of Science in Physics at the age of 24 from University of
• Enrolled for PhD. in Stanford University but left after attending for 2 days to
pursue his entrepreneurial aspirations in the areas of the Internet,
renewable energy and outer space.
• A web software company started in 1995.
• Investment of US$28,000
• Obtained contracts with The New York Times and the Chicago Tribune
• Compaq acquired Zip2 for US$307 million in cash and US$34 million
in stock options in 1999
X.Com & Paypal
• Co-founded X.com, an online financial services and e-mail payment
• Merged with Confinity
• The merged company focused on the PayPal
• PayPal was acquired by eBay for US$1.5 billion in stock, of which
US$165 million was given to Musk
• Musk conceptualized “Mars Oasis” in 2001
• Went to Russia to buy refurbished ICBMs (Intercontinental ballistic
• Musk was seen as a novice & was rejected
• Started a company that could build the affordable rockets he needed
• US$100 million of his early fortune was invested to form SpaceX in
• Reduce the cost of human spaceflight by a factor of 10
• In a 2011 interview, he said he hopes to send humans to Mars'
surface within 10–20 years
• He wishes to establish a Mars colony by 2040, with a population of
• Incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning
• Musk led the Series A round of investment in February 2004, joining
Tesla's Board of Directors as its Chairman
• Assumed leadership of the company as CEO and product architect after
the 2008 financial crisis
• Musk became the highest paid CEO in the world, as of 2014
• Reduced annual salary to one dollar
Tesla Power Stations Till 2014
Tesla Power Planned Till 2016
• Second largest provider of solar power systems in the United States
• Musk provided concept & financial capital in 2006
• Underlying motivation for funding both SolarCity and Tesla is to help
combat global warming
• Musk committed to building a SolarCity advanced production facility in
• Most of his innovative ideas & visions became true
• Always learning & accepting failure
• Never seized to dream big
• Lives up to the expectations of himself
• Optimistic in hard times