1. S C O T T T O M P K I N S
57 Walnut Ave. ~ Floral Park, NY 11001
Personable, easy-to-work-with professional with Master’s degree and experience in diverse
corporate functions. Background spanning operations, sales support, business development,
customer service, conflict resolution, and distributor support. Known for good relationship
development / relationship management and very process oriented. Technically proficient in
Microsoft Office software, Kronos, Ariba, SAP, Envision and MapInfo.
PEPPERIDGE FARM, INC., Norwalk, CT
Depot Operations Coordinator, 5/10 to Present
• Oversee and support operations at over 600 warehouse locations nationwide.
• Responsible for managing one direct report.
• Review and track payroll, creating a weekly scorecard tracking labor costs, vacation, sick time,
etc. for over 90 employees each week. Led project to convert all employees to online time and
• Responsible for $2MM payroll for over 400 temp employees on a weekly basis. Led project to
convert all temp employees to online time and attendance system.
• Work as lead accounts payable for department expenses. Executing over 1,000 purchase orders
each year and approving and processing over 5,500 invoices on a yearly basis.
• Created a scorecard to track all invoices processed against the department budget each fiscal year.
• Set up and monitor rent payments for over 150 locations nationally.
• Track weekly expenses and commissions for company operated distributorships and update field
sales force each month on account balances.
• Work closely to create zero based budget with each regional sales manager and finance team.
• Review each sales manager’s budget every period to resolve discrepancies and issues.
• Compile all capital expense projects for the department, working closely with engineering and
finance to gain project approval.
• Maintain master list of over 600 company warehouse locations for both internal use as well as for
registration with FDA and local state and town municipalities.
• Work with a business licensing vendor to assure that all company locations are properly
permitted and registered with various government agencies.
• Executed rollout of yellow dolly asset management program for net savings of over $1MM
annually. Create inventory schedule of dollies, compile list of lost and broken dollies and
chargeback distributors for missing assets.
• Administer depot allowance program each month to calculate and process credits of $175M per
period for over 2,000 distributors.
• Create maps of warehouse network in 75 different marketplaces using MapInfo geographical
information system. Maps are used as the foundation of depot network optimization efforts. Work
cross functionally with Real Estate and local sales teams to identify optimal depot location.
• Assemble a monthly department update for director at the end of each accounting period. Update
includes tracking all inventory schedules, safety and sanitation updates, labor productivity and
information relating to budget.
2. • Work with national pest control vendor to monitor conditions at all locations around the country
as well as to identify and resolve service gaps.
• Lead project to install security camera systems at 100 locations across the country. Secured,
coordinated and reviewed vendor bids and testing of systems resulting in savings and improved
security at depots.
• Created and analyzed monthly inventory postings using Envision report building tool. Utilized
report to identify dollar gap for distributors not reporting inventory.
• Completed 10 hour OSHA certification in General Industry Safety and Health.
• Completed basic AIB food safety certification.
• Executed product allocations. Coordinated with field sales, account teams and supply chain to
allocate several million cases of product in under a two year timeframe. Provided weekly reports
to applicable parties on status of each allocation and worked cross functionally to resolve product
• Inherited an inefficient SAP allocation program while backfilling a vacant position. Worked as
the only department representative with a mix of IT and SAP team leads to develop a custom
built allocation tool in SAP to specifically cater to company needs and resolve shortfalls of old
system. Daily testing and development of the new program from early stages through QA and
Distributor Development, 2008 to 2010
• Coordinated company-wide initiative to collect location intelligence and sales data on 4,000
distributors and stores nationwide.
• Collaborated with District Managers and Business Development Managers to acquire and consolidate
formerly fragmented route information data. Created database to house all information.
• Served as liaison among sales functions nationwide to transition distributor territories to single
unified database – mediated among stakeholders with conflicting timeframes / agendas.
• Investigated distributor territory disputes and presented results to Legal Department.
• Supported sales market research that identified potential emerging sales locations.
• Selected to train members of field sales force on MapInfo software program.
• Readily available location intelligence database aided in route package process to more quickly
onboard new distributors.
Contract Employee – Customer Service Center, 2003 to 2004
• Delivered superior customer service to diverse client base.
• Communicated with distributors on repair / replacement of malfunctioning devices / equipment
(handheld computers, etc.).
• Followed up calls with distributors; built good relations to streamline processes.
• Handled billing / invoicing-related data entry into various software systems.
Contract Employee – Norwalk Bakery, 2002
• Served on early morning shift manufacturing Pepperidge Farm products including croutons and
stuffing, working with diverse staff in active and time-driven environment.
JOHN JAY COLLEGE, Master of Arts June 2006
MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY, Bachelor of Arts May 2004
Resident Assistant – Oversaw residence hall operations and conflict resolution for steady stream of resident issues.