O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Social MediaSocial Media
Please use hashtags:
•Influencing, behavioral strategies
•Twitter best practices
•Tools to leverage
• Be positive. Avoid negative.
o “UBI is great because…” vs. “That* sucks.” (*capitalism, socialism,
conservatives, liberals, etc.)
• Make friends, not enemies of friends.
o “My ideal UBI involves…” vs. “UBI will fail unless…” (I think vs. it is.)
• Avoid connecting concepts subconsciously
o “UBI will fail unless…”
• Avoid NOT statements
o “UBI is not socialism” vs. “Milton Friedman was not a socialist”
• Use words like “will” not “would”
o “With UBI, people will…” vs. “With UBI, people would…”
• Treat your interactions as seeds
o Give it time. Don’t expect anyone to ever change their mind.
o Don’t push. People will dig in their heels if you push too hard.
• Everyone* supports UBI. They just don’t know it yet.
o *(Except for those who don’t, but you can’t ever really know who)
• Speak to your audience using their language.
o If welfare recipients are lazy, then welfare punishes work.
o Don’t say UBI is not welfare (NOT statement)
• You have more influence in your own “tribes.”
o A devout Christian is more likely to listen to a fellow devout Christian.
• Listen. Don’t just talk. Consider. Communicate.
• Pay attention to what strongly resonates.
o Make a note of feedback from the convinced.
• The evidence is on our side, but it’s not enough.
o Experimental data vs. anecdotal data
• Collect memorable stories
o We are storytellers. Remember some. Share them.
• Ask “The BIG Question”
o What are you not doing right now because you don’t have UBI?
o Answer = personalized definition of UBI
• Discussion: What’s a memorable story you heard or
is about you? Or alternatively what’s your BIG
• Local UBI accounts and topic accounts
o E.g. @BasicIncomeNYC, @HumansBasic
• Follow UBI supporters and local politicians/orgs
• Like UBI tweets and those who you wish attract
• Retweet popular tweets and follow their RT’ers
• Embed tweets that lack #basicincome
o Quote, summarize, recommend
• Tweet using hashtags responsibly
o Always try to include #basicincome (as long as it looks right)
o Avoid hashspamming (limit to 1-3 after url)
• Tweets with images are more likely to be shared
o Up to 10 accounts can be tagged
• Links are valuable but not necessary
o Avoid just tweeting titles. Be unique and value-adding.
• Summarize link, or quote from it, or provide recommendation.
• Tag author and publication
• Consider screencapping and tagging interested readers
• Lists can be useful but also annoying
o Private lists are preferred
• Use search and save your searches
o Search for urls and then like, RT, follow, etc.
• Use threads
o Each new tweet can draw new eyes to previous tweets.
• Writing platforms
o Twitter threads, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium, Tumblr, Steemit, Wordpress,
Reddit, and many more.
o Op-eds to local newspapers (short)
o National opinion platforms possible but challenging
• Video platforms
o YouTube, Facebook Live, Instagram, Twitch, D.Tube
o Apps: Renderforest
o Anything you create, share on reddit.com/r/basicincome
o Consider what others subs make sense (futurology, politics, news?)
o Upvote and click (front page and profitability)
o Use comment sections for practice and ideas
• Automation tools
o Tweetfull (like based on keywords), Twibble (rss fed tweets)
• TV/Journalist interactions
o Soundbites, quotable sentences, alliteration
o Keep interviews short (the longer you speak the less control you have)
o You are in control and can answer any question you want (pivot)
o Apps: Canva
o Make an image (use a quote, or be original, or just plain UBI)
o Share it
• Mission Possible
o Once a day, feed the UBI social network
Thank YouThank You
Find me online: