O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• Largest Metropolitan Daily Newspaper
• Los Angeles, California
• Known as “The Times”
• Owner Tribune publishing
• 50 cents price
• December 4 , 1981
• ran into financial problems the following year, was
inherited by its printer, the Mirror Printing Office
and Book Bindery. hired as editor former military
officer Harrison Gray Otis, who quickly turned the
paper into a financial success
• In October 1886, the word "Daily" was removed
from the title and the newspaper became the Los
• October 1, 1910: The Times Building at First
and Broadway is dynamited by union
terrorists, killing 20 employees and destroying
• July 31, 1917: Harrison Gray Otis dies. Harry
Chandler, his son-in-law, becomes the second
publisher of The Times.
• September 23, 1944: Harry Chandler dies.
Norman Chandler becomes the third publisher
of The Times.
• November 1947: The Times becomes the
largest-circulation newspaper in Los Angeles.
• 1965: The Times becomes the first newspaper
in history to publish over 4 million classified
advertisements in one year and the first U.S.
newspaper to publish over 100 million lines of
advertising in one year, with a total of
• February 1978: Times Poll is established to
monitor public opinion on political and social
• April 1990: Times circulation reaches an all-
time high of 1,225,189 daily and 1,514,096
Sunday, making it the largest daily
metropolitan newspaper in the country.
• April 8, 1996: The Times launches
latimes.com, its Southern California news and
information service on the World Wide Web.
• The single-copy price of newspaper increases
to 50 cents from 25 cents in Southern
California. The new price is consistent with
that of most other major metropolitan daily
• Through 2014, the Times had won
41 Pulitzers, including four in editorial
cartooning, and one each in spot news
reporting for the 1965 Watts Riots and
the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
• Los Angeles Herald 19th century
• Los Angeles Examiner 1903
• Los Angeles Express 20th century
• San Fernando Valley Now a days
• daily readership of 1.5 million
• 2.6 million on Sunday
• more than 22 million unique latimes.com
• Austin Beutner - Publisher and Chief
• Davan Maharaj - Editor and Executive Vice
• Lawrence Ingrassia - Managing Editor
• Nicholas Goldberg - Editor of the Editorial
• Juliet Lapidos - Op-Ed and Sunday Opinion