O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
A Scribd passará a dirigir o SlideShare em 1 de dezembro de 2020A partir desta data, a Scribd passará a gerenciar sua conta do SlideShare e qualquer conteúdo que você possa ter na plataforma. Além disso, serão aplicados os Termos gerais de uso e a Política de Privacidade da Scribd. Se prefira sair da plataforma, por favor, encerre sua conta do SlideShare. Saiba mais.
Canvas by Instructure
• Canvas is a cloud-based learning management
system (LMS) that has been adopted by all 34
Washington State community and technical colleges.
• It is a next generation LMS that allows integration of
multiple instructional tools like Collaborate and
• It can be used for online instruction, advising,
campus groups, professional development, training,
content archives, and much more!
• Panopto is a cloud-based lecture capture service
that supports recording and viewing of on-
demand recordings using a desktop or mobile
• The SBCTC contract allows for unlimited use of
Panopto by our system colleges.
• Panopto is integrated with Canvas.
• It can be used for live instruction via web-casting
or asynchronous instruction via playback of
• Blackboard Collaborate is a web-conferencing
• SBCTC eLearning funds unlimited use of the
Blackboard Collaborate web-conferencing system
for system colleges.
• Collaborate is integrated with Canvas.
• The tool has a variety of uses like online office
hours, meetings, webinars, synchronous
instruction, and asynchronous instruction via
playback of recordings.
• Intro to Canvas
• Using Canvas for Instruction
• Quality Matters
• Building Quality eLearning Courses
• Peer-to-Peer Sharing and Collaboration
• How to Use OER
• Finding, Using, and Sharing OER
Intro to Canvas
• SBCTC eLearning offers a 3-week online training
course free of charge to faculty and staff affiliated
with the Washington Community and Technical
• The course covers the basics of using the Canvas
learning management system.
• This asynchronous course is designed for
instructors who have never used the Canvas
learning management system or who are just
• Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer
review process designed to certify the design
quality of online courses and online components.
• The program is centered on the idea of
• SBCTC eLearning funds a portion of Quality
Matters training and certification for each system
college, each year.
• “Ignis” is the Latin word for “ignite” or “spark.”
• To us, it means imagination, genius, new
understanding, innovation and sharing.
• This webinar series features faculty, staff, and
administrators from Washington state CTCs who
are successfully integrating technology into their
instruction to improve student learning.
• The next season begins in February 2016.
How to Use OER Training
• The purpose of this course is to provide
information and experience in using open
educational resources (OER) in faculty’s
• This training is fully online, 2-weeks long,
facilitated, and asynchronous.
• SBCTC supports and promotes Open
Educational Resources (OER) policies and
initiatives by managing projects and practices.
• Policies and practices are designed to increase
access to open resources and eLearning tools
for system faculty, staff and students.
SBCTC Open Policy
• All digital content created or funded by SBCTC,
or produced by grant funds managed by
SBCTC, should be released under the Creative
Commons Attribution license.
• An open educational resources (OER) network
dedicated to providing easy pathways for
faculty to apply OER in their teaching practice.
• Major features include:
Open Attribution Builder
• An application to help you easily cite open
material you find.
• As you fill out the online form, the attribution
is automatically generated for you.
Open Course Library
• The Open Course Library (OCL) is a collection
of shareable course materials by teams of
college faculty, instructional designers and
• OCL materials are paired with low cost
textbooks ($30 or less). Many of the courses
can be taught at no cost to students.
eLearning & Open Education
Unless otherwise specified, IGNIS content is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0