9. 2022 Rotaract Preconvention #Rotaract22
When & How to Set a Boundary:
● Schedule suddenly compacted
● Canceling things
● Becoming forgetful
● Rushing from item to item
● Having to apologize more
● Feeling of dread
● Wanting to freeze, fight, or flee, etc.
● Feeling defeated
1. What boundary would you like to set?
2. What is your ideal relationship with that thing/person?
3. What needs to change in order to make that happen?
4. Your explicit next step to make this happen is:
1. I answer emails at 8pm and it makes me resentful
2. Ideally, I am unreachable after 5pm
3. I would need to let people who contact me frequently
know about this change and set clear expectations
4. “I’ve gotten into the bad habit of responding to emails
after hours. Going forward, I won’t be checking email
after 5pm, but if it’s an emergency that can’t wait until
morning you can always call.” Then make an email
signature or OOO notice that repeats the same