O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
What does it do?
● Provides customers with support
when they have problems with
● Can compensate customers with
account credit when something
was missing from their order
● Hands over to a human when it
How does it work?
Native App Bot Framework LUIS
When, where and how?
Run on developer machines on demand (NCrunch FTW) and on every check-in & build
Can be run on developer machines. Mainly run as part of our automated deployment process
Can be run on developer machines but only targeting staging environment. Automatically run
when a build is deployed to staging
Run on app developer machines and as part of their CI pipeline
● Originally started unit tests only on services called as part of a conversation
● Dialogs are hard to test due to difficulty to mock the framework and large amounts of setup
required (very brittle)
● Separated “conversation flow” from dialogs
● Conversation flow classes are very self-contained and do not reference any Bot Framework
● Calls to Just Eat dependencies are proxied by a service that returns pre-recorded responses
● We forked the Bot Framework emulator so that it could be used by automated tests
○ No more dependency on the Bot Framework being contactable!
○ Reduced time to run our test suite by a factor of 10
● We wrote a small BDD-style framework to make testing a conversational interface easier (more
on that later)
● Still uses our hacked emulator and BDD-style framework
● No dependencies mocked - “real data” created on our staging environment
● Smaller number of tests that exercise as much of a conversation topic as possible in one test
● Automated iOS and Android UI tests
● Written in each platform’s native language (Swift and Java)
● Run when the native bot client’s change
● All calls to Direct Line are mocked so that only UI functionality is tested
❖ Just Eat
❖ Jamie Dalton @daltskin
[Handing off to a human]
❖ Kristin Brimble @kristianbrimble
❖ Sam Kavanagh @justeat_tech
[Robots Testing Robots]
❖ Robin Osborne @rposbo
[Speaker Recognition API]