1. Page 1 of 3
ROBERT STRINGER - CURRICULUM VITAE
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
Rob has over 17 years of delivering projects, from major telecommunication infrastructure networks to business lead step change initiatives.
Within this time, various management principles have been adopted and applied. PRINCE, LEAN and more recently AGILE. Rob is recognised for his
quick adaptability and ability to incorporate any new discipline within the projects he delivers.
Rob is currently employed within the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) as a Senior Project / Portfolio Manager within a multi million pound
programme of work to rationalise the core building estate, whilst ensuring continuity of operational effectiveness of the staff involved, along with
the technical refresh and transformation of existing buildings, utilising modern agile office working techniques. Delivery of these projects rely on
effective stakeholder management and tight budgetary controls Rob’s responsibilities include setting the scope, planning, management of RAID,
management of resources (both internal team members and external supply contractors), ICT & ESS design and construction of specifications for
3rd party tender processes, stakeholder engagement and management of expectations and control of finances to deliver the main revenue savings
required by the MPS. Technical analysis of requirements and stakeholder management are Rob’s particular strengths. Rob has SC security
Prior to this role, Rob has gained excellent project management experience within various high profile infrastructure programmes to increase a
more local effective policing through the Safer neighbourhood initiative along with the establishment of 5 new “super” custody suites to provide a
strategic strategy of how the MPS deal with detainees.
- PRINCE2 familiar - Lead Project manager on
major new build projects
- Programme / Project
- Financial Planning &
- Risk/Issue Management - AGILE / LEAN - System design & tender (ICT & ESS) - Planning / MS Project
METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICE SEPTEMBER 2005 TO PRESENT
THALES TELECOM SERVICES 1987 - SEPTEMBER 2005
Senior Project Manager - Estates Technology Sept 2015 to Jan 2016
• Direct line management of staff
• Input to main estates strategy and programme management at project board level
• Project management and technical design lead for major MPS estate transformation project and programme
• Stakeholder management and technical analysis of specialist MPS departmental ICT and building infrastructure requirements, translating
requirements into specifications, and leading on setting of budgets, bidding for funding and financial control for project work packages
• Maintain all relevant Prince 2 influenced documentation and governance
• Regular input into construction waterfall project programmes whilst utilising Agile principles for ICT infrastructure topology and
Project Manager - Estates Technology Oct 2009 to Sept 2015
• Project management of various ICT and electronic security system installation within the MPS estate
• Concept and design of ICT infrastructure systems for various office environments from custody areas to open plan
• Concept and design of electronic security systems for general building and custody environments
• Writing, issuing to tender and tender evaluation of specification of requirements for ICT and ESS installations up to the value of £2m which
formed part of a bigger multi million pound construction project.
• Rob has directly managed 3rd party suppliers in the delivery of ICT and ESS systems, along as acting as the intelligent client and advised on
design and layout for new buildings.
• To assist with design works and implementation, Rob researched and wrote standards for the relevant MPS departments, which detailed
the delivery and design of ICT and ESS technologies into the MPS estate, which have now been incorporated into the MPS Digital Policing
quality management system.
• Rob’s ability to engage with stakeholders and manage expectations so that the successful delivery of a working building fit for purpose for
MPS operational needs was essential to the successful delivery into service of various new buildings.
• Rob adapted various project management principles and was instrumental in the introduction of these to the Estates group. These include
LEAN. AGILE and PRINCE.
2. Page 2 of 3
Project Support Officer Electronic Security Systems Sept 2005 to Oct 2009
• Rob was part of a small team responsible for the design, procurement and implementation into service of all Electronic Security
Systems within the MPS estate.
• A major step change for the MPS was the Safer Neighbourhood programme which delivered over 110 local policing bases for a more
effective MPS policing strategy. Rob was instrumental in the standardisation of security system design and procurement for this project
• Rob provided a key role in the set up of the Safer Neighbourhood Programme including resource management, cost estimation and
financial planning (£5m), design and tendering for 3rd party delivery, project planning, Project Initiation Document writing and
• Direct management of 3rd party suppliers to the main construction project to ensure successful delivery of bases.
• Rob also worked on various other MPS estate based electronic security projects ranging from the introduction of new Front Office
environments, to general refurbishment and renewal of outdated systems
Technical Support Manager & Lead Commissioning Engineer TTSL 2001 to 2005
• Rob was responsible for the organisation and implementation of various major fibre optic installations, alteration and renewal projects
throughout Southern England.
• Rob provided direct line management of 8 staff, with project responsibility of up to 30 staff.
• Rob honed his excellent stakeholder management skills by having to interact with major end user project managers, 3rd party suppliers
and nation wide staff to achieve the successful delivery of the projects he managed.
• Along with the technical aspect of the project delivery, Rob was also responsible to control budgetary constraints, adhere to strict
operational timescales along with the responsibility of staff’s health & safety within the operational railway environment.
• During this role, Rob developed in depth theoretical and practical knowledge of with all types of fibre optic and copper testing, faulting
and commissioning techniques.
• Rob’s “Can Do” attitude was nurtured into the excellent working principles he holds today within this role.
Telecommunication Installation Supervisor - RACAL Telecom 1987 - 2001
• Rob was responsible for the day-to-day health, safety and welfare of up to 12 staff.
• Rob was responsible for the personal career development of this team of staff, along with providing strategic and professional guidance
for team members.
• Rob was also instrumental in the design and implementation of various office and external telecommunication systems for 3rd party
customers whilst adhering to budgetary, time based and operational safety standards of a working railway.
Assistant Manager - Ladderhire Company 1985 - 1987
• Rob was responsible for the day to day running of a successful small tool and plant hire shop.
• Regular dealings with the general public, working with them to provide a solution to their problems along with dealing with queries and
complaints set Rob on the path towards his excellent levels of stakeholder management which he delivers today.
• Rob also held responsibilities for the daily financial reconciliation of the shops takings, along with the health and welfare of the staff.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BTEC Telecommunications - MS Office proficient - NVQ Level 3 - Skills Assessment - Full Driving Licence
- Various Electronic Security
Design Course Accreditation
- Various management training
courses including disciplinary,
management for attendance,
interviewing techniques &
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Emergency 1st aid trained
- AGILE Project Management
- 2 A-Levels, Chemistry & Geography
- Various telecommunication
technical course achievements
- 8 O’Level Grades A-C including
English & Maths
3. Page 3 of 3
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Rob currently lives in Chislehurst with his wife and young sons; he also has two step daughters. And one step grandson.
He is a keen sportsman and plays football, golf and cricket. Rob is also committee chairman of his local Scout Group.
Rob has an active interest in music, and is a part time mobile DJ, along with his recent interest of internet radio presenting.
Rob’s social time is mainly taken up with his son’s sporting activities and enjoying his happy family life.
Address: 1 Farmland Walk, Chislehurst, Kent. BR7 6JH
Telephone: 07971 844334