Dr. Yele Vidyasrilekha.
MOVING BOUNDARY ELECTROPHORESIS
• Principle of Electrophoresis
• Types of Electrophoresis
• Moving Boundary electrophoresis
• Advantages and Disadvantages
• Electrophoresis is defined as the migration of charged particle
through a solution under the influence of an external electric feild.
• Ions that are suspended between two electrodes tends to travel
towards the electrodes that posses opposite charge.
• The fundamental principle of electrophoresis is that any charged ions
or molecules migrate towards oppositely charged electrode under the
influence of external electric field.
• The rate of migration of these ions depends on its charge size and the
applied electric field.
Types of electrophoresis
a) Paper electrophoresis
b) Gel electrophoresis
c) Thin layer electrophoresis
2) Moving boundary electrophoresis
c) Isoelectric electrophoresis
d) Immuno electrophoresis
Moving boundary electrophoresis
• Moving boundary electrophoresis is technique for separation of
chemical compounds by electrophoresis in a free solution.
• Moving boundary electrophoresis is developed by Tiselius.
• The principle of moving boundary electrophoresis is that there is
motion of charge particle through stationary liquid under the
influence of an electric field.
• Apparatus consist of “U” tube with electrode located at the two ends
used to apply on electric field.
• The lower part of the cells is filled with lyophilic solution under
examination sometimes the sample solution is introduced into the
bottom of the “U” tube through capillary arm while upper part
contains only the buffer solution.
• Care must be taken to minimize the disturbing effect of convection
caused by an increase in temperature during the passage of current
through the solution.
• The apparatus is placed in constant temperature .
• Biologically active fraction can be removed without the use of
• Minute concentration of sample can be detected.
• A reference method for measuring electrophoretic mobility.
• Resolution of the techniques is low due to overlapping of the sample
• To separate proteins and peptides.
• For research in enzymology, immunology.
• Used to quantitative analysis of complex mixture of macromolecules.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.