1. Current affairs
DECEMBER 2022 PART-1
Awards and Honors
• Banker’s Bank of the Year Award - Canara
Current Affairs Sports
• Vijay Hazare Trophy won - Saurashtra
• 1st woman referee - Stephanie Frappart
• Hornbill Festival 2022 begins - Nagaland
• longest double-decker viaduct - Nagpur
3. Canara Bank won Banker’s Bank of the Year Award
• Canara Bank won the ‘Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022’’ for
India segment at the Global Banking Summit held in London. Bank
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer LV Prabhakar received
the award from the organisers.
• ability to deliver returns, strategy, innovation, technology and product
and services in their respective geographies in the last 12 months.
5. • The Banker’s magazine is a premier global banking and finance resource
for more than 180 countries across the world. The publication is from
the house of Financial Times (FT) group, which is the British-based global
financial daily newspaper founded in 1888.
6. New York Film Critics Circle awards 2022: Filmmaker
SS Rajamouli won Best Director
• Filmmaker SS Rajamouli won the Best Director Award for RRR at the
New York Film Critics Circle 2022. The group is one of the first critics’
groups to weigh in on the awards season.
• A pre-Independence fictional story, “RRR” stars Ram Charan and Jr
NTR as real-life Indian revolutionaries in the 1920s Alluri Sitarama Raju
and Komaram Bheem, respectively.
8. A book on Chipko Movement by Shekhar Pathak bags
Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Prize 2022
• A book on the popular forest conservation campaign Chipko
Movement, written by historian-activist Shekhar Pathak, was named
the winner of the Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2022.
Translated from Hindi by Manisha Chaudhry, “The Chipko Movement:
A People’s History”
10. South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi Crowned Miss Earth
• South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi was crowned Miss Earth 2022 during the
pageant’s coronation night on November 29 at Cove Manila, Okada
Hotel, Parañaque City. There were 86 Eco-warriors, and only three
queens were awarded the pageant’s three elements titles.
12. Paralympic medallist Lekhara receives Para Sports
Person of Year award
• At the Turf 2022 and India Sports Awards of Federation of Indian
Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), former Ranji cricketer
Sarkar Talwar was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement of the
• Talwar, the Director-Sports, Manav Rachna Education Institutions, is
also the recipient of the Dronacharya Lifetime Award
14. • Apart from Talwar, Avani Lekhara, who won two medals at the Tokyo
2020 Paralympics, was recognized as the Para Sports Person of the
• Shrey Kadyan was recognized as the Special Sportsperson of the Year.
• Best Male Coach to R.B. Ramesh
• Best Female Coach to Nonita Lal Qureshi.
16. IFFI 53: Iranian film ‘Nargesi’ wins ICFT-UNESCO
• Iranian film Nargesi by Director Payam Eskandari has won the ICFT-
UNESCO Gandhi Medal at the 53rd edition of International Film
Festival of India, given for a film that best reflects Mahatma Gandhi’s
ideals of peace, tolerance and non-violence.
18. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya wins
• Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS) was
conferred with the ‘Award of Excellence’ at the United Nations
Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific
Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation-2022.
• Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya was established as the
Prince of Wales Museum of Western India in 1922.
21. 3rd T20 World Cup cricket tournament for Blind to be
held in India
• The third T20 World Cup Cricket Tournament for the Blind will be
held from December 5 to 17, 2022 in India. The participating
countries of the World Cup 2022 are Australia, Bangladesh, Nepal,
Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and India.
• The inauguration of the World Cup on December 5 at Tau Devi Lal
Indoor Stadium, Gurugram. Former India batter Yuvraj Singh is the
brand ambassador of the tournament.
• The World Cup, an initiative of the Cricket Association for the Blind in
India (CABI) in association with Samarthanam Trust for the disabled,
has been organising this championship since 2012.
23. Vijay Hazare Trophy Final: Saurashtra beat
Maharashtra by 5 wickets
• Saurashtra beat Maharashtra by 5 wickets in the final to win the Vijay
Hazare Trophy at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
They restricted Maharashtra at 248/9 in 50 overs as captain Ruturaj
Gaikwad hit a century, scoring 108 off 131 balls after a slow start.
Saurashtra bowler Chirag Jani claimed a hat-trick in the match. Man of
the moment is Sheldon Jackson
25. • Player of the match in the final: Sheldon Jackson (133 runs in 135 Balls)
• Player of the tournament: Ruturaj Gaikwad (Games: 5; Runs: 660; Avg: 220)
26. FIFA World cup 2022: Stephanie Frappart to be 1st
• FIFA has announced that Stephanie Frappart of France will be the first
woman to referee a men’s’ World Cup match. She will officiate the
match to be played between Germany and Costa Rica in Group E on 2
December 2022. France’s Frappart is one of three women referees
among the 36 selected for the tournament in Qatar, alongside
Rwandan official Salima Mukansanga and Japan’s Yoshimi Yamashita.
29. Uttarakhand Government appoints Prasoon Joshi as
its Brand Ambassador
• CEO & CCO of McCann Worldgroup India, Prasoon Joshi has been
appointed by Uttarakhand Government as the state’s brand
ambassador. Padma Shri awardee Prasoon Joshi is currently the
Chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification (Censor Board).
31. International Lusophone Festival to be held in Goa
• Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in partnership with Indian Council
of Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the Goa government will organize the
International Lusophone Festival in Goa from 3-6 December. It will be
inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Goa, Pramod Sawant at Durbar
Hall in Raj Bhavan. Minister of State for External Affairs, Meenakshi
Lekhi will be the Guest of Honour.
• AIR correspondent reports that Lusophones are people that speak
Portuguese as a native or as a common second language.
34. 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 begins in Nagaland
• 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 begins at Naga Heritage Village Kisama in
Nagaland. Nagaland’s famous Hornbill Festival is scheduled from 1st
December to 10th December 2022.
• Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar graced the inaugural function of the
festival as the Chief Guest. Now it has been more than 20 years that
the Hornbill Festival of Nagaland has welcomed visitors from around
• In 10 days festival, a visitor gets the opportunity to view all the Naga
tribes, their culture and distinctiveness in one place.
36. • Popular Festivals of Nagaland
• Moatsu festival
• Ngada festival
• Monyu festival
• Aoleng Festival
• Nagaland Capital: Kohima;
• Nagaland Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio;
• Nagaland Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
37. Meghalaya cabinet approved mental health and social
• The Meghalaya cabinet has approved a policy aimed at addressing the
issues of mental health and social care through collaborative
engagement with communities.
• The Meghalaya Mental Health & Social Care Policy was approved at
the cabinet meeting, chaired by the Chief Minister.
• In 2014, the Centre launched the first-ever National Mental Health
Policy in an attempt to provide universal psychiatry care.
• Meghalaya is the third state in the country to have a comprehensive
policy on mental health and social care, paying attention to these
issues, especially among children, adolescents and youth.
• Kerala and Karnataka are the other two states in the country to have
38. • Meghalaya Capital: Shillong;
• Meghalaya Chief Minister: Conrad Kongkal Sangma;
• Meghalaya Governor: B. D. Mishra (additional charge).
39. Election commission set up a polling booth for a single
voter in Gujarat
• A polling booth located in a remote forest area of Gir Somnath district
in Gujarat recorded 100 per cent voting after its lone voter cast his
vote in the first phase of the state Assembly elections.
• The Election Commission (EC) had set up a polling booth at Banej
village located inside Gir forest so that the only voter there can
exercise his franchise.
41. • 15th Legislative Assembly of Gujarat is being held on 1st and 5th of
December 2022 and the counting will be done on 8 December
2022.The term of the current and 14th Legislative Assembly will end
on 18 February 2023.
• Gujarat Capital: Gandhinagar;
• Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat;
• Gujarat Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel.
43. Nagpur Metro successfully created a Guinness World
• Nagpur Metro has successfully created a Guinness World Record by
constructing the longest double-decker viaduct (metro) is 3,140
meters and was achieved by the Wardha Road in Nagpur. The double-
decker viaduct of 3.14 km on Wardha Road has three metro stations –
Chhatrapati Nagar, Jai Prakash Nagar and Ujjwal Nagar.
• Asia Book and India Book.
45. DigiYatra facilities starts at the Delhi, Varanasi and
• The Central government on December 1 launched its facial
recognition system DigiYatra at Delhi, Bangalore and Varanasi
airports, which will allow domestic passengers to seamlessly travel
without an identification card. The Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya
Scindia launched the service at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International
Airport. The service will enable passengers to travel paperless through
biometric facial recognition technology (FRT).
• To use this facility, one-time registration on the DigiYatra app is
required using Aadhar-based validation and a self-image capture.
• Digi Yatra Foundation was set up in 2019.
47. FSSAI approved Yak as a ‘food animal’
• The Himalayan Yak has been approved as a ‘food animal’ by the Food
Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI).
• In India, Yak is found throughout the Himalayan region — Arunachal
Pradesh, Sikkim, North Bengal, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh,
Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir.
• FSSAI Founded:5 September 2008;
• FSSAI Headquarters: New Delhi;
• FSSAI Chairperson: Rita Teaotia.