O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Dr. Golipalli Ramana Reddy
Polymer Chemistry Laboratory,
New Chemistry Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for
Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR),
Bangalore, India -560064
Mobile: + 91 9739064838
Date of birth: 10th
Research Associate (1st
Aug 2016-present) at Synergia Biosciences for developing formulations.
Jun2016 Ph.D student.
Research Supervisor: Prof. Sridhar Rajaram.
Dissertation Title: Design of New Methods for the Synthesis of α-Amino Esters.
1. Junior chemist at GVK Biosciences, Hyderabad from June 2009 to December 2009.
1. 2012-2016 June31st
: Senior Research Fellow (Ph.D), Advisor Prof. Sridhar Rajaram,
2. 2010-2011: Junior Research Fellow (Ph.D), Advisor Prof. Sridhar Rajaram, JNCASR,
3. 2007-2009: M.Sc. chemistry (71.7%), Univ. College of Science, Osmania University.
4. 2004-2007: B.Sc. M.P.C (76.7%), A.V. College, Osmania University.
1. Expertise in preparing microemulsions of API.
2. Expertise in stabilizing the microemulsions using different excipients.
3. Good knowledge of excipients for liquid dosage forms.
4. Expertise in design and execution of multi-step synthesis.
5. Well trained in standard Schlenk techniques for handling air and moisture sensitive
6. Expertise in handling toxic, pyrophoric and hygroscopic materials.
7. Purification techniques: Distillation, recrystallization, chromatography (analytical and
8. Hands on experience in using NMR, HPLC, Chiral HPLC, GC/MS, LC/MS, IR,
9. Well trained in method development for separation of chiral compounds in HPLC.
10. Well trained in software: Chemdraw, Scifinder, Origin, MS offfice.
1. Resolving ambident nucleophilicity of nitronate ion: application in the synthesis of α-
2. Role of cation–π interactions in the reactivity of aryl phenyl carbonates.
3. Asymmetric synthesis of β-hydroxy α-amino acids.
4. Multistep synthesis of bi-functional organo catalyst.
5. Stable microemulsion formulation for API.
1. Reddy, G. R.; Mukherjee, D.; Chittoory, A. K.; Rajaram, S. Unusual Reactivity of
Nitronates with an Aryl Alkyl Carbonate: Synthesis of α-Amino Esters. Org. Lett. 2014,
2. Reddy, G. R.; Avadhani, S. A.; Rajaram, S. Activation of Benzyl Aryl Carbonates: The
Role of Cation-π Interactions. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 4134-4141.
3. Reddy, G. R.; Ramesh, M. S; Rajaram, S. Synthesis of optically pure β-Hydroxy α-
Amino Acids using commercially available catalyst (DHQ)2AQN catalyst (manuscript
1. Mentored graduate and undergraduate students in their projects, which improved
teaching skills, leadership qualities and problem solving abilities.
2. Worked as a teaching assistant for the graduate course: Advanced Organic Chemistry.
Awards & Acheivemet
1. 2009 Research Fellowship by qualifying National Eligibility Test, CSIR, India (All over
India Rank 59).
2. 2007 Secured 18th rank in the eligibility test for the M.Sc in organic chemistry
conducted by Osmania University.
1. "Acylation of Nitro Alkanes: Preparation of α-Amino Acids" Chemical Frontiers 2013 at
Goa (poster presentation).
2. "Unusual Reactivity of Nitronates with an Aryl Alkyl Carbonate: Preparation of α-
Amino Acids" In-House Symposium 2013 at JNCASR (oral presentation).
Prof. Sridhar Rajaram (Advisor)
ICMS, JNCASR, Jakkur
Prof. H. Ila, FNA, FASc,
Hindustan Lever Research Professor
NCU, JNCASR, Jakkur
Prof. Subi Jacob George
NCU, JNCASR, Jakkur