1. What is Browser Sandbox
Protection and How Does it Help?
QUICK HEAL TECHNOLOGIES
2. Understanding the Web Browser Arena
• Understanding the web browser
• Internet Threats
• Web based Attacks
• What is Browser Sandbox?
3. The Web Browser
A web browser (commonly referred to as a
browser) is a software application for retrieving,
presenting and traversing information resources
on the World Wide Web.
An information resource is identified by a
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI/URL) and may
be a web page, image, video or other piece of
Popular web browsers include Firefox, Internet
Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
5. Nowadays, you cannot really tell if a website is clean or riddled with malicious
codes. Merely visiting a webpage can automatically drop a malicious code in your
And this may not only happen in case of lesser known websites. Even trusted and
genuine websites are compromised by hackers to target unaware users.
The Threats that Lurk on the Internet
• PC starts behaving abnormally
• Blinking popups start appearing all over your screen
• Default search engine gets changed to something else
• Your social media account starts showing unauthorized activities
If your PC starts showing all these symptoms, odds are you have been a
victim of web-based attack
10. What Could be the Solution?
Such threats that usually occur without any prior warning, can be effectively
dealt with a proactive security feature such as Browser Sandbox.
11. What is Browser Sandbox?
Browser Sandbox Protection or ‘Browser
Sandboxing’ is a security technique that
creates a virtual environment and executes
your Internet browsers within this
environment inside your PC.
13. What Does that Mean?
• Once Sandbox is activated, it takes your Internet browser into a virtual
• Any file that you download or gets downloaded from the browser, remains
isolated in the sandbox environment.
• So, even if any infection does take place from the download, it will remain
confined inside the virtual environment without affecting the real PC.
14. And once you close the browser, any
changes that might have occurred in the
environment will be deleted.
This way your actual PC remains
16. About Quick Heal’s Sandbox Protection
one of its inbuilt
17. With Quick Heal Browser Sandbox, you can control browser access to your personal
data on the computer. For this you have options to:
• Prevent Internet browsers from accessing confidential folders.
• Prevent Internet browsers from modifying protected data.
• Allow browsers to store all downloads in a specified folder.
18. At the present time, the most threatening aspect of malware is their evolving
nature. Dealing with such threats should not only involve the best damage
control approach but proactive security as well.
After all, keeping the milk from spilling over is always
better than mopping it.
19. Thank you
Reach us at : Corporatecommunications@quickheal.co.in
Facebook – www.facebook.com/quickhealav
Twitter – www.twitter.com/quickheal