• WHAT IS DUEL FUEL ENGINE
• DUEL FUEL ENGINECONVERSION
• MAJOR MODIFIED ENGINE PARTS
• PERFORMACE OF DUEL FUEL ENGINE
• FEATURES OF DUEL FUEL ENGINE
• KNOCK CONTROL IN DUEL ENGINE
• In our country diesel is primarily used for transportation, agriculture and
electrical power generation. Diesel is becoming scare and costlier and hence
there is a need to preserve diesel for only locomotive and agriculture uses.
For power generation, alternate fuels should be used wherever possible so
that diesel is conserved and made available for it primary uses.This will also
save sizable for an exchange, as we import considerable amount of crude oil
to meet our needs of diesel and petroleum products.
What is Duel Fuel Engine
• Internal combustion engines operating on gaseous fuel have for long been
known. Many large stationary engines use two fuels. Normally of these two
fuels, one is gaseous and other is a liquid fuels.The two fuels can be taken
widely varying proportion to run engine; such as engine is usually called
Duel fuel engine
What we do ?
• Converting diesel engine power plants to duel fueled engine power plant
Main Fuel…..[Diesel oil] “Diesel” Engine
Main Fuel…..[Natural Gas]
“Dual Fuel” Engine
Pilot Fuel…..[Diesel oil]
Major Modified Engine Parts and
Auxiliaries For conversion
• additional parts
- Gas admission system, knock detector
- Air/Fuel ratio control system
- Oil mist ventilation system
• Specification change parts
- Piston ring, Piston pin metal
- Fuel injector, Plunger assembly, Fuel governor
• Modification parts
- Cylinder head, Piston, Liner, Charge air duct, T/C matching
• PLANT AUXILIARIES
- Gas supplying system
- Safety device for gas system
- Engine control panel
- Remote monitoring system
• FACTORS AFFECTING COMBUSTION IN A DUEL FUEL ENGINE
1 Pilot fuel quantity2. InjectionTiming.3. Catani Number of Pilot Fuel.4. InletTemperature.5.
Gaseous Fuels.6. Effect ofThrottling.7. MixtureStrength
PERFORMACE OF DUEL FUEL ENGINE
• Dual-fuel engines are capable of producing as much power when running
with a gaseous fuel as a primary fuel as when operating on liquid fuels only
The efficiency of the dual-fuel engine at part load is poor because of
increased delay periods at low mixture strength.This can be increased by
increasing the excess air or injecting more pilot fuel at part loads
• Operation cost Approx.30% less
• Reduction in Operation Cost will fluctuate because of the operation conditions of
engines and the price level of fuel oil and natural gas in a project site.
• CO2 Emission 30% less
• Sox Emission 95% less
• NOx Emission 20% less
(comparing with diesel oil firing)
Features of duel fuel engine
Less operation cost
• Main fuel: Natural Gas
• drastic reduction of NOx,SOx & CO2 Emission
• Pilot injection system
• Operatable on either fuel of natural gas or diesel oil
• Main component : Diesel engine
Knock control in duel engine
• Excess supply of air
• Use of cold combustion air
• Increased cooling of piston
• Use of additives
• Reducing the pressure of the gaseous fuel
Advantages of duel fuel
• Only a small amount of liquid fuel needed to run engine.
• Suitable for total energy installation (sewage gas)
• Clean combustion results in reduced wear of engine parts and reduced
consumption of lubricating oil.
• Can be used to produce synthetic gas, which is a mixture of CO and H2
• Gas burns without leaving any residue (no pollution)
• Tendency of vapor lock while using lighter fuels.
• Tendency of increased wear due to lower lubricity of gasoline.
• Requirement for injecting different volumes of fuel depending on their
heating values and compressibility.
• Without much more modification of Cl engine Biogas can be used as a primary fuel.
• Quality of fuel is important factor for performance of the engine.
• Duel fuel engine generally used for power generation with long term period.
• 80 to90% of diesel can replace by biogas.
• Increasing the compression ratio improved the performance and cylinder
pressure of the engine.
• old.shortsea.fr/WartsilaGasEngines.ht ml
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.