O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
PresentersProf. Prashant B GamanagattiHOD , Dept. of Management (MBA), GSIT, Karwar And Prof. Sachin M IchalkaranjeAsst. Professor, Dept. of Management (MBA), GSIT, Karwar 2
JOBWhat is a Job?A paid position of regular employmentDo casual or occasional workWork - Occupation - Employment - Business – PositionDefined as“A group of homogeneous tasks related by similarity offunctions.” 3
HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING (HRP) Meaning Human resources planning may be viewed as foreseeing the human resource requirements of an organization and the future supply of human resources . Defined as “The ongoing process of systematic planning to achieve optimum use of an organizations most valuable asset - its human resources. “ Objective of HRP The objective of human resource (HR) planning is to ensure the best fit between employees and jobs, while avoiding manpower shortages or surpluses.4
RECRUITMENTAs a process to discover the sources of manpower to meetthe requirement of the job and workforce.Sources are; Present & Retired Employees Campus Recruitment Private Employment Agencies and Consultants Government Employment Exchanges Casual Applicants Similar Organizations Trade Unions Walk-in 5
SELECTIONSelection is the process of choosing the mostsuitable person out of all applicants, who haveapplied for a job.Selection is the process of choosing the fitcandidates for the job / employment andrejecting the unfit candidates.According to Thomas “Selection is the process ofdifferentiating between applicants in order toidentify those with greater likelihood of successin the job.” 7
(1) Application It is also known as Application Blank To secure information from the perspective candidates It is a device to screen the candidates at the preliminary level Companies form their own style of application form depending upon the information requirement Includes Personal Information, Educational Attainments, Work Experience, Salary and References General Application can be prepared in absence of Company’s application format 9
(2) Bio-data / Resume and Curriculum Vitae CAREER OBJECTIVE SKILLS & CAPABILITIES SPECIAL EVENT EXPERIENCE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY EDUCATION PERSONAL INFORMATION REFERENCES 10
(3) Written ExaminationTo measure the candidate’s ability in arithmetical calculation, attitude towards the job, aptitude, reasoning, and knowledge in English language and General KnowledgeMultiple Choice questions are set depending on the job requirementsTo know the overall ability of the candidate 11
(4) Preliminary Interview Business Games Group Discussion Tests Psychological Test Intelligence Quotient Test Objectivity Test Emotional Quotient Test Achievement Test Skill Test Interest Test Clerical Aptitude Test Personality Test Work Sample Test Intelligence Test Situational Test 12
Group Discussion A personality test popular with Public/Private sector undertakings, government departments, commercial firms, IIM’s, Universities, educational organizations to screen candidate in group dynamics 13
Types of GD Knowledge based Argumentative 14
Lets go for a GD Religion should not be mixed with politics Effects of Television on Youth Films are corrupting the Indian Youth We are not serious about saving Wildlife/Environment Is Love Precious or Poisonous? 15
(5) Final Interview / Personal Interview Informal Interview Unstructured Interview Job & Probing Interview Background Information Interview Stress Interview Formal & Structured Interview Panel Interview Depth Interview 16