O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Discovery via friends
• People who share your interests
• People who like your photographs
• People who live in Manchester and like
restaurants in Leeds
• Films that your married friends like
• Books that my relatives like
• Photographs taken in London before 2003
Discovery from strangers
• People who like wargaming
– and who live in Basildon
• People who like eHarmony (a dating site)
– And who are married
• Pastors who like Ann Summers (an adult
• People who like Alcoholics Anonymous
– And who work for Microsoft
– Or who work for Google
In other words
• With Graph Search you can look up anything
that has been shared with you on Facebook
• Other people can find things you have shared
• Control who sees your Profile on the About
• Review photographs that you have shared or
been tagged in
• Review your posts with location tags in your
Should I worry about blurring out faces etc?
After all, it IS public data. Isn’t it?
Do these people know that it’s public?
What responsibility, if any, do I have for or
with their data?
• At what point do we need worry about linking
A + B data to get C, which may be private?
• Up to what point can we extrapolate?
• Does ‘liberal minded’ in a ‘complicated
relationship’ mean something that others
might think is a bit sleazy?
• If we don’t think so, what about other people
• Easy to find all the people who like Argos
• Then corrolate to those who also like
• Then who live in a particular area
• Promote a 20% off offer on lawnmowers!
• Is this acceptable? After all, it’s advertising
they might actually want!
Getting Graph Search
If this is what you’re seeing, then you don’t have access to Graph Search