O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
STARTS HERE WITH…..
PROGRAMME PET POWER
More and more
Less & less
WHAT DID WE DO ALREADY…
We continue to investigate further, a.o. :
▪ The use of LED lighting on our premises
▪ Renewal with more energy efficient cooling systems
▪ Looking into wind- and solar energy opportunities
▪ Use of bio based materials
POST CONSUMER RESIN (PCR)
▪ It can be compared with standard
▪ It can be produced in the same way
as virgin PET
▪ There is a colour difference with virgin
▪ PCR is granulate recycled from bottles
used in the markets
▪ PCR has different barrier properties
than virgin material
▪ PCR is not FOOD approved material!
▪ It is cheaper than virgin PET
▪ PCR needs to be used always 100% and
can’t be mixed with virgin material
▪ PCR bottles can’t be recycled anymore
▪ These are made of renewable raw materials, such
as starch, glucose, vegetable oils and cellulose.
▪ Bio-based plastics are not biodegradable.
▪ In general, they have the same properties as their fossil
▪ They can be processed in an existing recycling process.
▪ They can be re-used as basis for plastic products.
▪ Our BioPET is based on 30% renewable raw
material and 70% oil-based raw material.
▪ The mechanical and thermal properties of BioPET are
similar to other oil-based PET products.
▪ The colour tone may slightly differ, depending on the
type of BioPET.
▪ BioPET can be easily processed (ISBM).
Biodegradable plastics can be made from renewable raw materials and/or fossil fuel-
based raw materials. They can be decomposed biologically by the action of living
micro-organisms or by means of (industrial) composting.
▪PET Power believes in the circular economy
▪PET Power believes in the possibility to reduce our
usage of fossil fuels and wishes to contribute to
this, for future generations.
OUR BELIEF ACTIONS
PET Power works according to the 4-R principles : Reduce / Re-use / Recycle / Renew :
▪ Reduce: PET Power actively works with clients to reduce weight and internally lower scrap rates.
▪ Re-use: PET Power promotes and develops durable and multi-use materials as eg Tritan™.
▪ Recycle: PET Power encourages the use of R-PET, educates in recycling and internally recycles.
▪ Renew: PET Power looks at opportunities for usage of bio-based materials that can be used in
normal waste streams and recycling streams.
OUR BELIEF RECYCLING
PET Power promotes the use of recycled
▪ This concerns the recycling of our own
scrap, inherent to our production process.
▪ This concerns the recycling and even
upcycling of post consumer recycled plastic.
▪ PET Power actively participates in the
education of the public on recycling and
▪ PET Power stimulates and joins in removing
waste, e.g. by active participation in plastic
WE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY…
▪ Starting and proud partner of the Plastic Whale foundation
▪ Member of the Dutch Rethink initiative
▪ Through RPC member of the UK-based British Plastics Federation
▪ Committed member of the NRK Clean Sweep initiative
▪ Active promotion of the use of PCR material as alternative to virgin material
▪ Research and tests of bio based materials in ISBM processing
Marius Smit -
In 2013 presenting
the first boat
plastic fisher in the
Now 5 full-timers
ONE MAN CAN..
Fleet with now 10
A tweet in 2010
PET Power has established
an internal site collection point
for plastic caps. These deliver
a return value and proceeds
go to the Guide Dog Foundation.
DO WE LOOK WITH THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVES…
Dutch initiative: www.rethinkplastics.nl / English initiative: www.bpf.co.uk