Paresh V Shah
Niranjan Niwas 8, Dubhash Lane, V P Road, Mumbai - 400004
Cell: +91 9619703210; Res: +91 22 23863677; Email: email@example.com
SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL – FINANCE & ACCOUNTS
Synopsis: Accomplished professional with over 25 years of experience in varied business domains including
Infrastructure Projects, Retail Business & Manufacturing sectors. Currently working as General Manager – Finance &
Accounts with Dodsal Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.( A Kilachand Group Company in EPC business )
Advanced skills in steering finance, accounts, financial & management accounting, auditing, taxation, budgeting
& costing, commercial operations and MIS & reporting.
Expertise in statutory & regulatory compliance, cash flow & treasury management, due diligence, merger &
acquisition and ERP implementations.
Proficient in accounting of projects under construction & capital expenditure and handling accounts receivables
& accounts payable, implementing internal control systems and streamlining workflow.
Well versed in ensuring adherence to the internal controls and ensuring compliance with IFRS regulatory laws.
An efficient communicator, combining coordination, interpersonal, problem solving and liaising skills with
analytical, decision making and leadership capabilities to enhance organizational performance.
Finance & Accounts:
• Managing varied finance & accounts functionalities and preparing & maintaining statutory books of accounts &
financial statements in compliance with statutory requirements.
• Identifying financial objectives and designing & implementing systems, policies and procedures to facilitate
internal financial control.
• Consolidating & finalizing books of accounts and developing reconciliation system for financial accounting and
• Streamlining and modifying accounting systems in adherence to changing business scenarios.
Auditing / Taxation:
• Handling Statutory Audits & Tax audits, consolidating accounts, Internal Financial Controls (IFC), applying
accounting standards, etc.
• Conducting statutory assessments, ensuring timely filing of tax returns under Income Tax, Sales Tax, Service
Tax, TDS & Excise Matters up to Commissioner / Tribunal / High Court Level.
• Coordinating with Arbitrators for handling claims lodged by / against the company.
• Involved in assessment of Income Tax /Sales Tax /Service Tax, transfer pricing assessment, Service tax Audit,
merger & acquisitions, due diligence and redemption of Advance license to JDGFT & Customs.
• Coordinating with Arbitrators for Claims lodged by the company and against the company
• Supervising legal compliance under Tax laws.
Budgeting / MIS:
• Formulating annual budgets, conducting variance analysis to identify difference between projected & actual
results, reporting deviation from budget / plans for taking preventive actions
• Preparing monthly MIS including profitability statement, debtors’ analysis and analyzing profitability by type of
business, customer, division and geography.
• Reviewing current forecasting systems, models, processes and procedures and making recommendation for
improvement and change.
• Building financial / analytical models that utilize both financial & non-financial data to forecast operating results
including B/s. P& L & Cash flow.
• Driving the company’s planning / budgeting process & delivering an operating plan for review & acquiring
approval by the company’s executive team & Board of Directors.
• Monitoring inflow / outflow of funds, proposing measures to ensure optimum utilization of available funds.
Involved in Treasury Management, CMA Data, Arrangement of Public Fixed Deposits and handling inter
corporate deposits & discounting of bills,
• Liaising with Banks and Financial Institutions for arranging funds and completing legal formalities.
• Credit Ratings for Bank facilities
• Exposure in implementing IFS ERP system across India and developing accounts related computer software.
• Negotiating & following up with MNC vendors for better margins and rates for credit periods.
• Handling insurance related claims and matters.
Dodsal Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
• Overall responsibility of commercial functions of SBU
• Presently, heading the Finance & Accounts function for 1000 Crore EPC contract of Nuclear Power Corporation
of India Limited at KAPP 3 & 4 unit in India from 2011 onwards.
• Managing Fund based and Non Fund based limits of 450 Crore for the project
• Responsible for budget vs. actual expenses monitoring for projects
• Preparation and presentation of monthly Profitability and Cost Statements
• Project Profitability and justification for variance if any
• MIS and AR report every month for senior management at group level
• Pivotal in the successful merger of 4 Group Companies into Dodsal Enterprises and demerger of Pizza hut
• Steered the overall performance of Accounts Dept., comprising of 3 businesses (power, pizza hut restaurant
business and indenting business).
• Handling Direct ( Income tax )and Indirect taxation ( Service tax and Vat) of the Company
• Representing before Assessing Officer for tax assessment for Income tax, Sales tax and Service Tax
• Implementation and installation of Project Accounting systems and internal controls
• Documenting IFC within the company for various activities
• Preparing AUP for IFRS accounting for investment made by group companies
Neoteric Informatique Pvt. Ltd.
• Pivotal in the successful implementation of IFS ( Integrated Financial System ) ERP System in 41 locations
Ion Exchange (India) Limited
• Pivotal in identifying wrong practices by the sales personnel, implementing preventive measures and
developing controls within the system
• Supervised 4 businesses (Trade, Institutional, Direct Marketing and Bottle Water) of Consumer Products
Division and steered varied accounting functionalities.
Boston Education & Software Technologies Ltd.
• Successfully detected fraud in the company and provided timely feedback to the Management.
• Pivotal in the Public Issue of the Company, related to business projections, prospectus, etc.
Kesar Enterprises Ltd.
• Pivotal in securing Income Tax refund worth Rs. 200 lacs.
• Successfully eliminated a demand of Rs. 400 lacs against the Company at CIT (Appeals) level.
• Dodsal Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. (Formerly Dodsal Engineering & Construction Pvt. Ltd.)
General Manager – Finance & Accounts (Apr 2007 – till date)
• Sapat International Pvt. Ltd.
General Manager – Accounts (Jan 2006 – Mar 2007)
• Neoteric Infomatique Pvt. Ltd.
General Manager - Finance & Accounts (Mar 2004 – Dec 2005)
• Ion Exchange (India) Limited
Manager - Accounts, Consumer Products Div. (Jan 2002 – Feb 2004)
• Boston Education & Software Technologies Ltd. (Promoter of Great Eastern Shipping Ltd.)
Head - Accounts & Finance (2000 - 2001)
• Kesar Enterprises Ltd.
Manager - Accounts & Taxation (1991 – 2000)
• Ratan S Mama & Co., Chartered Accountants
Senior Audit Assistant (1989 – 1991)
• Attended seminars in Direct and Indirect Taxation, TDS and Financial Planning
• Training Programs on Team Building and Company Vision, The Institute of Chartered Accountants and Bombay
Chartered Accountants Society
• FCA, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (1988)
• Final Group wise, Inter First attempt
• B.Com, Bombay University (1987)
• Date of Birth: 24th July 1966
• Languages Known: English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati
• IT Skills: IFS ERP Module, Navision ERP Module by Microsoft, SAP , Tally ERP,MS Office (Word, Excel, Power
Point) and Internet Applications