3. Learning Objectives:
At the end of the lesson the learners
should be able to;
a. identify the types of volcanic
b. describe the types of volcanic
c. make a concept map showing the types
of volcanic eruption.
5. E V O L C A N O M V
M R O A V J T W L I
O A U K E H S A C S
R C G P N A V E R C
E B O M T R E N A O
N A S H A I P S T S
O J D E K O M S E I
C E N A C T I V R T
Q I N A C T I V E Y
G R A N D L O W S R
6. Phreatic or hydrothermal
√ An eruption driven by the
hot rocks interacting with
√ Phreatic eruptions
pulverize surrounding rocks
and can produce ash.
√ The most explosive and
largest type of volcanic
eruptions of gas and
√ Plinian eruptions have
20 to 35 km tall columns .
21. Taal Volcano
May 15 to December 5, 1754
This incident is considered Taal Volcano’s
biggest eruption yet and lasted almost 7 months. It
buried 4 towns in Batangas under ash, volcanic
rocks, and water.
1991- Jun 9- Sept 4.
1814 Feb 1
25. QUIZ: IDENTIFICATION
Directions: Read carefully and answer the following.
1. A type of eruption that is driven by the heat from magma interacting with
2. This type of eruption is small to moderate explosive eruptions, that are
lasting seconds to minutes.
3. A type of an eruption thatresulting from the interaction of new magma or
lava with water and can be very explosive.
4. It is the most explosive and largest type of volcanic eruptions with a high
rate of magma discharge sustained for minutes to hours.
5. These type of eruption are the least violent and have fire fountains and
lava flowsor have explosions causing a shower of lava fragments.